Parking for UNC Commencement
UNC parking lots around campus are open to the public during Commencement weekend, no permits are required. Attendees should obey all parking restrictions (fire lanes, service vehicle and handicap spaces). There are numerous lots on the west side of campus for your convenience. Parking is also available on many nearby streets, however please be respectful of our campus neighbors.
Entrances to the parking lots are located at the corner of 14th Avenue and 20th Street or 11th Avenue and 22nd Street.
- Map for fall Graduate Ceremony - Butler Hancock Athletic Center
- Map for fall Undergraduate Ceremony - Butler Hancock Athletic Center
- GPS address and directions for fall Graduate and Undergraduate Ceremonies AND spring Graduate ceremony - Butler Hancock Athletic Center
- Map for spring Undergraduate Ceremony- Nottingham Field, shuttle service dropoff/pickup locations (shuttle is complimentary). Please note lot closures and shuttle routes included at the bottom of the map.
- Shuttle Buses run from 7:45 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Departures are every 10 minutes from the stop on 22nd Street between 11th Avenue and 10 Avenue (between B lot and C lot) and stop at Nottingham Circle Drive. Shuttles are wheelchair accessible.
- Lots closest to Nottingham Field fill early and fast, please plan accordingly to ensure that you allow enough time to arrive with time to park and/or shuttle before the start of the ceremony,
- During extreme weather conditions Butler Hancock may reach early seating capacity for ceremonies (see Inclement Weather Plan for college ceremony times). This will require some attendees to view the ceremonies from the University Center. Overflow (roundtrip) transportation is provided from Butler Hancock to the University Center.
- Disabled parking spaces are available in all lots on campus. There will be additional spaces in lots closest to Nottingham Stadium (Y lot, L lot and M lot).
GPS and directions to spring Undergraduate ceremony - Nottingham Field