Commencement Information for Faculty
Cap and Gown Rental, Distribution and Return
If you are unable to attend the Grad Fair, you still need to rent regalia for the ceremony. regalia must be ordered by Sunday, November 9th. The Fair is held at the University Center in front of the Bookstore dates October 15th and 16th, from 10:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m..
After this deadline the next opportunity to rent will be at distribution. Please see dates/times/location below for more information.
Distribution of regalia will take place at the Recreation Center on Thursday, December 11th from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Friday, December 12th from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m..
A representative from the Herff-Jones company will also be available at Commencement line-up one hour before the ceremony begins for adjustments to regalia accessories (tassels, hoods) and for last minute regalia distribution. The Herff-Jones representative will require cash only payment; no credit cards or checks will be accepted for any orders made during Commencement line-up and distribution.
Cap and Gown Order Form
For Faculty Planning to Attend
- Parking will be available for faculty participating in Commencement in any of UNC’s lots
- If possible, please RSVP your attendance to the Commencement Marshals (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- Faculty who are planning to march in the ceremonies should assemble in the following locations and must appear in the appropriate academic regalia:
- Spring and Fall Graduate Ceremonies - Recreation Center auxiliary gym, 6:30 p.m.
- Fall 2014 Undergraduate Ceremony - Recreation Center auxiliary gym
- EBS, HSS, UC 8:30 a.m.
- MCB, NHS, PVA 12:00 p.m.
- Spring Undergraduate Ceremony - Butler Hancock Field House, 9:30 a.m.
During the ceremony
College faculty are encouraged to meet and congratulate their students in the center aisle of the seating area.