Record the Journey

At UNC, learning happens inside and outside the classroom

By joining a club, participating in community service or holding a leadership position, you’ll get the opportunity to develop your talents, further explore your interests and connect with other students. You’ll also gain valuable skills and experience that can be applied to other areas of your life. To help record your involvement in co-curricular and extracurricular activities, UNC offers co-curricular transcripts. These can be used to complement your academic transcript and resume and to increase your marketability to potential employers and graduate schools. The transcripts will also serve as a useful tool when applying for scholarships and other involvement-based awards.

Which activities qualify?

  • Organizations and Activities: Membership in any of UNC’s more than 150 student clubs and organizations
  • Leadership Development: Involvement in workshops, training or development programs, or placement in a leadership role
  • Honors, Awards and Recognitions: Formal recognition given to a student individually or as part of a group
  • Research and Experiential Learning: Participation in research, internships, community service, civic engagement or volunteer programs.
  • Global and International Experiences: Taking part in international programs or activities that include a global or international experience

How do I get mine started?

Documenting all your co-curricular activities is simple. Membership rosters from many of UNC’s clubs and organizations will be uploaded directly to the transcript. Any leadership positions you hold in those groups will also be included.

Students who have received any honors, awards and recognitions or participated in experiential learning, leadership development or a club or organization not listed may submit a request for the activity to be added to the transcript. Completing the request and submitting the correct documentation is your responsibility and you will need the appropriate staff or faculty member to validate your involvement in the activity. Click here for the Supplemental Entry Form.

How do I get a copy?

Request for copies of your co-curricular transcripts are handled in a similar way as requests for academic transcripts. You can view and print your unofficial co-curricular transcript online via the “Check your co-curricular activities here!” link in the Important Links section of Ursa. An official version will be available soon!


For more information about the Co-Curricular Transcript contact the UNC Student Activities Office at (970) 351-2871.