Activities of the Phi Omicron chapter
Tribeta Faculty Adviser: Gregory DeKrey, firstname.lastname@example.org
Support for undergraduate research is one of the major missions of the Tribeta organization. This mission is achieved through two processes:
- Funding for research. If you need funds to support your research activities and you are a Tribeta member, you can apply for a grant from the national Tribeta office. For more information, talk to your research adviser or the Tribeta Faculty Adviser.
- A venue for presenting research findings. One of the pillars of the modern scientific process is dissemination of research findings. One place to do this is at a Tribeta regional meeting. Any student, not just Tribeta members, can present at a Tribeta regional meeting. For more information, talk to the Tribeta Faculty Adviser.
TriBeta Western Region 1 Annual Convention, 2018
Phi Omicron will host the West-1 Annual Convention, April 13-15, at the University of Northern Colorado, University Center. Start planning to submit your research abstract for consideration as a poster or platform talk.
- Abstracts are due in March.
- Anyone may present, but only TriBeta members are eligible for presentation awards.
- Presentation award winners are automatically invited to present their work at the National TriBeta Convention which will be held May 30-June 3, 2018, in Monterey, California.
Phi Omicron meetings
Chapter meetings are held on alternate Wednesdays at 3:30 PM in Ross Hall room 1090.
Talks & seminars