SAA – UNC was founded in the Fall of 2008.
As the newly formed official student organization of the American Academy of Audiology, the SAA was created to provide a direct connection between the student and his/her future professional home and discipline. The goal of the SAA is to provide students with a venue for information, resources, leadership, mentorship, and student-to-student networking opportunities as they progress through their educational programs and transition into professional status.
- American Academy of Audiology -
The SAA-UNC Chapter aims to promote audiology in the local community. The SAA-UNC Chapter is a professional student organization of, by and for audiology students, dedicated to advancing the education and training of future audiologists. We provide education about hearing and balance, in addition to promoting audiology in the local community. SAA-UNC Chapter is an active voice for Au.D. students in the state of Colorado, as well as the regional and national levels.
- Provide audiology students with educational support, help promote the Au.D. program and research in audiology.
- Introduce the private practice and business aspect of audiology to Au.D. students.
- Promote the Doctor of Audiology degree as providing the standard of education in preparing the professionals most qualified to provide services to any and all who seek professional healthcare in audiology.
- Establish and promote the goals and efforts of our national organization on our local chapter level.
- Become a voice for Au.D. students on a local chapter level.
Constitution and Bylaws
You may request a copy of the bylaws by contacting the chapter president or advisor.