Starting a Recognized Student Organization
To become a recognized student organization (RSO) at UNC, clubs/organizations must:
- Have three or more UNC student members
- Have an advisor (faculty, staff member, or graduate assistant)
- Write a constitution that meet RSO guidelines
Every student organization seeking recognition must submit application with an updated constitution each academic year. Applications are submitted using the online form linked below. Please review the RSO Constitution Guide and the RSO Application Preview before starting your application.
Before starting the form, it is recommended that you prepare the following information:
- Current club constitution (electronic copy)
- Names and contact information for all officers
- Designate three officers to approve financial transactions
- Name and contact information for advisor
Please note that information included in the RSO application such as officer's names, officer's e-mail addresses, and the club's meeting schedule is shared publicly via the Office of Clubs and Organization's Club List.