Starting a Club
To become a recognized student group at UNC, clubs/organizations must:
- Have three or more UNC student members
- Have an advisor (faculty, staff member, or graduate assistant)
- Submit a charter request
Chartering a club
The process of becoming a recognized student group is called chartering. Every student club or organization seeking recognition must submit a new charter request with a club constitution each academic year. Charters are submitted using the online form linked below. Click here for a club constitution template.
Before starting the form, it is recommended that you prepare the following information:
- Current club constitution (electronic copy)
- Names and contact information for three officers
- Name and contact information for faculty advisor
- Name of the member responsible for financial record keeping
Please note that information included in the charter such as officer's names, officer's e-mail addresses, and the club's meeting schedule is shared publicly via the Office of Clubs and Organization's Club List.