photos of students on UC balcony


General Information:

To see a listing of all University of Northern Colorado international scholarships, please visit the Office of Student Financial Aid website at The application will be available in early January, 2016, for the 2016-2017 academic year.

Please note:

  • It is important to plan ahead when you search for financial aid.
  • International graduate students may be eligible for financial assistance through their specific departments
  • US Federal Financial Aid is generally available for US citizens and “eligible non-citizens.” Eligible non-citizens may be:
    • US permanent residents (green card holders)
    • Conditional permanent residents
    • Non-citizens with an I-94 showing “Refugee,” “Asylum Granted,” “Indefinite Parole,” “Humanitarian parole,” or “Cuban-Haitian Entrant”
    • Eligible non-citizens should check U.S. Department of Education: available in Spanish and English versions, The Student Guide is a free resource that features grants, loans, work study programs, and other forms of financial aid available through the U.S. federal government:
    • Eligible non-citizens should also check CollegeView: an extensive financial aid section that covers types of financial aid, a scholarship search and directory, and features answers to students' grant, loan, and scholarship questions.
  • International students should check out EduPASS: a guide to studying in the USA. Provides useful articles, recommendations, and links to sources of financial aid for international students.