To apply for all University of Northern Colorado international scholarships, please visit the Office of Student Financial Aid website at http://sfr.unco.edu/. The application is available in mid-January for the upcoming academic year.
- It is important to plan ahead when you search for financial aid.
- International graduate students may be eligible for financial assistance through their specific departments
- US Federal Financial Aid is generally available for US citizens and “eligible non-citizens.” Eligible non-citizens may be:
- US permanent residents (green card holders)
- Conditional permanent residents
- Non-citizens with an I-94 showing “Refugee,” “Asylum Granted,” “Indefinite Parole,” “Humanitarian parole,” or “Cuban-Haitian Entrant”
- Eligible non-citizens should check U.S. Department of Education: available in Spanish and English versions, The Student Guide is a free resource that features grants, loans, work study programs, and other forms of financial aid available through the U.S. federal government: http://studentaid.ed.gov
- Eligible non-citizens should also check CollegeView: an extensive financial aid section that covers types of financial aid, a scholarship search and directory, and features answers to students' grant, loan, and scholarship questions. http://www.collegeview.com/financialaid/index.html
- International students should check out EduPASS: a guide to studying in the USA. Provides useful articles, recommendations, and links to sources of financial aid for international students. http://www.edupass.org