Thai Culture Night
Friday, February 24, 2016
University Center Aspen A & B
Join CIE and the UNC Thai Student Association as they present about their nation, including information on tourism, culture, dance and cuisine!
Saturday March 11th
- Watch the Colorado Avalanche Professional Hockey team play the Ottawa Senators! The game starts at 5:00pm at the Denver Pepsi Center. The $20 cost includes the ticket, parking, and transportation. Please bring money for dinner.
- For more information visit https://www.nhl.com/avalanche
- Cancellation date: March 3, 2017 by 5:00pm for a refund
Saturday March 25th
- See the coolest exhibits including Expedition Health, Gems & Minerals, Gem carvings of Russian Folklore, Prehistoric Journey, Egyptian Mummies, Vikings, and more! The $15 cost includes the ticket, parking, and transportation. Please bring money for lunch.
- More information: http://www.dmns.org/
- Cancellation date: March 17, 2017 by 5:00pm for a refund.
- Watch the Denver Nuggets, Colorado's professional basketball team, play the New Orleans Pelicans! The game starts at 7:00pm. The cost includes the transportation, parking, and ticket. Don't forget your camera and money for dinner.
- More Information: http://www.nba.com/nuggets/#
- Cancellation date: March 31, 2017 for a refund.
- Castle Rock is Colorado’s largest open air outlet shopping center! With over 100 stores, there is plenty of variety. The $20 cost includes transportation. Please bring money for lunch or pack a lunch.
- More information: http://www.outletsatcastlerock.com/
- Cancellation date: April 14, 2017 by 5:00pm for a refund
International Ambassador Program
Interested in helping an international student adjust to the USA and at UNC? The International Ambassador Program might be just right for you!
The International Ambassador Program focuses on creating a mutual learning opportunity between Americans and international students. Ambassadors help international students' adjustment to living in the United States by providing both support and friendship through correspondence that begins even before international students arrive on campus. In return, international students have the opportunity to share their unique cultures, experiences and perspectives with their domestic mentors. Through this collaboration, both mentors and international students enhance their intercultural communication, leadership, and global awareness skills.The initial commitment is one semester with the option to extend for multiple semesters.
Friendship Family Program
This is a cultural exchange between International students at the UNC and local families who are interested in developing international friendships and furthering their cross-cultural awareness.
Friendship families do not provide living accommodations. Instead, families get together with student for different activities such as dinners, movies, sporting events, sightseeing etc. Friendship families provide a family environment for students away from home.