The CIE event registration is now online! Since this is new, we hope it will run smoothly, but we ask for your patience as we work out any issues. You can read about the details of the events and sign up: We hope you find it easier to sign up for events!
- At our general event registration page you can see all the upcoming events that are available for registration.
- Payments must be made at the time of signing up.
- Only credit and debit cards are accepted.
Denver Avalanche vs. Tampa Bay Lightning, February 22:
Cost: $30: covers ticket to the game and transportation. Please meet at the CIE Office at 1:00 pm on the day of the even
If you would like to attend, please sign up and pay no later than Thursday, February 19th, 2015.
Denver STOMP Show, March 10:
Cost: $30: covers ticket and transportation. We will be meeting at the CIE Office at 3:00 pm on Tuesday, March 10th.Please sign up and pay no later than Friday, February 27.
Information: Join us in watching STOMP at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts on Tuesday, March 10th.The international percussion sensation has garnered armfuls of awards and rave reviews and has appeared on numerous national television shows. The eight-member troupe uses everything but conventional percussion instruments matchboxes, wooden poles, brooms, garbage cans, Zippo lighters, hubcaps– to fill the stage with magnificent rhythms. The cost of this event is $30.00, which includes the cost of the ticket and transportation. We will be meeting at the CIE Office at 3:00 pm on Tuesday, March 10th. If you would like to go, please sign up and pay at https://apps.unco.edu/cie/registration/event.aspx?EventID=7 no later than Friday, February 27th.
International Ambassador Program
The International Ambassador Program focuses on creating a mutual learning opportunity between Americans and international students. Ambassadors help international students' adjustment to living in the United States by providing both support and friendship through correspondence that begins even before international students arrive on campus. In return, international students have the opportunity to share their unique cultures, experiences and perspectives with their domestic mentors. Through this collaboration, both mentors and international students enhance their intercultural communication, leadership, and global awareness skills.
The initial commitment is one year with the option to extend for multiple semesters.
- Undergraduate Ambassadors are required to: 1) connect with their mentee at least two times per semester, 2) attend at least two events arranged by the International Ambassador Program and the Center for International Education per semester. Schedule of events will be available in the beginning of every new semester), and 3) attend monthly member meetings.
- Graduate Ambassadors are required to: 1) connect with their mentee at least two times per semester and 2) attend at least one event arranged by the International Ambassador Program and the Center for International Education per semester.
- Faculty/Staff Ambassadors are required to connect with their mentee at least two times per semester.
Friendship Family Program
This is a cultural exchange between International students at the UNC and local families who are interested in developing international friendships and furthering their cross-cultural awareness.
Friendship families do not provide living accommodations. Instead, families get together with student for different activities such as dinners, movies, sporting events, sightseeing etc. Friendship families provide a family environment for students away from home.