CIE FALL WELCOME WEEK EVENTS:
Dinner Night Out, Thursday-Monday, August 13-17, 4:30-7pm
- Meet at the CIE Office at 4:30pm. Please bring money for dinner.Spend the evening getting to know a CIE staff member and experience local Greeley cuisine.
Grocery and Household Shopping Trips, Friday-Friday, August 14-21, 1-4pm. No shopping trip on Thursday, August 20.
- Meet at the CIE Office at 1pm. Pick up essential household, phone, food, and clothing items. Shopping includes Target, Safeway, major cell phone providers, Walmart, and more!
Ice Cream Social, Tuesday, August 18, 4:30-6pm
- Create your own ice cream sundae and visit with friends. Join us on the University Center Patio (through the CIE Office).
Bowling Night, Wednesday, August 19, 6:30-9pm
- Meet at the CIE Office at 6:30.Bowl the evening away at Highland Lanes. Two games and shoes will be provided but please money if you want to purcashe food or drinks.
Cross-Cultural Barbecue, Thursday, August 20, 6-8pm
- Meet at Kohl House, 924 20th Street, at 6pm, and thank Tad and Jane Gilmore for hosting the Cross-Cultural Barbecue. Come for dinner, fun, and friendship.
Friday Fest, Friday, August 21, 5-8pm
- Explore downtown Greeley during the local Friday Fest. Enjoy food, drinks and a performance by Soul School! Meet at the CIE office at 5pm and plan to arrive back at the UC at 8pm.
Shopping Trip to Cherry Creek Mall, Saturday, August 22, 9:30am-3pm
- Join us for a shopping trip to Cherry Creek Mall in Denver. The mall has an extensive list of major clothing, shoe, and accessory retailers. Meet at the CIE at 9:30am and plan to arrive back around 3pm.
CIE Patio Welcome, Monday, August 24, 4:30-6pm
- Help us celebrate the kickoff to the school year on the University Center Patio (through the CIE office). Doors will open at 4:30 and dinne will be served at 5pm.
International Ambassador Program
The International Ambassador Program focuses on creating a mutual learning opportunity between Americans and international students. Ambassadors help international students' adjustment to living in the United States by providing both support and friendship through correspondence that begins even before international students arrive on campus. In return, international students have the opportunity to share their unique cultures, experiences and perspectives with their domestic mentors. Through this collaboration, both mentors and international students enhance their intercultural communication, leadership, and global awareness skills.
The initial commitment is one semester with the option to extend for multiple semesters.
Friendship Family Program
This is a cultural exchange between International students at the UNC and local families who are interested in developing international friendships and furthering their cross-cultural awareness.
Friendship families do not provide living accommodations. Instead, families get together with student for different activities such as dinners, movies, sporting events, sightseeing etc. Friendship families provide a family environment for students away from home.
The CIE event registration is now online. Fall Events will be posted soon! .
- At our event registration page you can see all the upcoming events that are available for registration.
- Payments must be made at the time of signing up.
- Only credit and debit cards are accepted.