SPRING 2014 OPEN TRYOUTS
May 3rd in Butler Hancock Sports Pavilion
$30 Application Fee (CASH ONLY)
All Materials that need to be brought to Tryouts include:
- Tryout Application
- Emergency Contact Form
- Medical Release Form
- Acceptance Letter (New Student)
- Most recent grades (Current Student)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Picture of Drivers License & Insurance Card
- 1 page essay detailing "what you would be looking for in an athlete if you were in the head coaching position".
UNC Tryout Printable Forms:
What to Wear:
- Saturday: White Shorts and Blue Shirt
1. Standing BHS
2. Jump tumbling combo
- Double Toe BHS
- Double Toe Tuck
- Toe Pike BHS
3. Any 3 jump variety
4. Round off BHS tuck
5. Memorization of a cheer
6. Learning and performing the fight song to music
- Suggested that you know the words to the fight song coming into tryouts.
- You can find the words at http://www.uncbears.com/trads/hist/fight_song
- Heel Stretch Full down reload to highest skill (Tryout stunt)
- Base, Baskspot, or Fly a stunt sequence showing 3 different body positions.
Video tryouts need to include:
- Most advanced jump-tumbling combination
- Most advanced standing-tumbling combination
- Most advanced running-tumbling combination
- Most advanced 3-jump combination
- Demonstration of a short cheer
- Demonstration of a five-eight count dance
- Most advanced stunting combination showing 3 body positions
- Short description of what you think you can bring to the cheerleading program at the UNC
Video tryouts along with all required paperwork and tryout fee of $30 are due May 1st and can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
1475 S. Sierra Dr.
Castle Rock, Co 80104
1. Tryouts will be a one day event.
- Candidates will be asked to perform specific skills in front of a judging panel.
- There will be 2/3 cuts during the process.
3. After all judging has been completed there will be a deliberation time with judges and coaches.
4. Final list will be posted and there will be a team meeting immediately following.
5. Please email coach Krysten at email@example.com with any questions.