Student Support Services at the Center for Human Enrichment (CHE) offers holistic advising, mentoring, and instructional support for first-generation students transferring to UNC. We have transfer students currently in our program that have come to us from various community colleges or other 4-year institutions. CHE services available to program-eligible transfer students include:
- Assigned CHE advisor who will work closely with the student from the time they enter UNC through to graduation.
- Comprehensive advising that complements their major advisor (CHE Advising).
- Individualized mentoring to support a successful transition into the UNC community.
- Writing support from peer English tutors trained and certified through the College Learning and Reading Association (CRLA). The peer English tutors are available to assist the students with upper class writing assignments (CHE Tutoring Services).
- Assistance with identifying and selecting additional academic and support services, such as tutoring for subjects outside of writing support.
- Targeted advising to support major and/or career exploration processes.
- Assistance with understanding and navigating financial aid applications.
- Specific programming that provides students with skills and knowledge to successfully enter their post-graduate and/or professional careers.
- An active CHE transfer community that meets once each semester to network and build supportive relationships with other CHE transfer students.
Click on the CHE Advising link to learn more about the services available to all CHE participants and/or check out CHE on Facebook. If you wish to speak to a member of the CHE staff, please call (970) 351-1905.