Benefits of CHE
Listed below are just a few of our program highlights:
- Holistic personal and academic support for a select group of UNC first-generation college students throughout their entire undergraduate career
- Welcoming and inclusive environment for all students
- 200 active students annually (first-year through senior) participate in CHE
- Personalized academic advising from Peer Mentors and Professional Academic Coaches
- CHE students earn a cumulative GPA that is higher than the UNC GPA average
- Students are involved in a variety of campus and community organizations
- Students are members of various honor societies and programs
- A specialized academic curriculum and learning support
- Technology support
The CHE staff is committed to your academic success and helping you to realize your academic andprofessional goals. By selecting to be part of our community, you are agreeing to:
- Attend your classes regularly! Academic success depends on your active engagement in all of your classes.
- Commit to meet with your assigned CHE advisor when contacted and while at UNC and/or when you need assistance.
- Meet with your CHE writing peer tutor and/or Academic Student Support (ASA) tutors for other subjects as assigned, or recommended by your faculty, or when you need assistance.
- Actively engage in your education throughout your undergraduate academic experience.
- Attend CHE program events and workshops as needed or recommended by CHE staff.
- Submit your FAFSA application by March 1st of each year.