What is advising?
Academic Advising is an integral part of the Center for Human Enrichment (CHE). The advising team consists of three full time advisors as well as four peer mentors. Our primary goal is to support students' academic and personal success throughout their entire undergraduate career at the University of Northern Colorado. This is accomplished through a variety of services and techniques, some of which are listed below:
- Meeting regularly one on one with students (all levels) to ensure academic persistence
- Providing individual course recommendations.
- Maintaining and individualized Graduation Plans to monitor academic progress and success
- Utilizing Individual Success Plans to monitor individual progress and achievement of personal goals
- Advising students through major/career exploration
- Guiding students through internship, job and graduate school application processes
- Assisting students with Financial Aid literacy to proactively help students persist and graduate
- Supporting the students as they transition to the University environment and maintaining this support throughout the students' undergraduate career.
If you would like further information about advising within CHE, please feel free to come in at your convenience at Michener Library, room L116 or call us at 970-351-1905. The staff is happy to answer any questions you may have.