Get Before You Edit:
To be sure you are editing the current live content of a page be sure to "Get" it fresh from the server.
- Select a file from your files list; you can select the file in either Remote or Local views
- Click the "Get" button
Click "Yes" when prompted about Dependent files.
You now have the newest copy of the file to edit.
- "Get" always copies the file from the server to the local folder, overwriting the local version of the file, no matter which view it was selected under
Put = Publishes the item
After editing a file, you will "Put" it to publish it and make it available on the server. Select a file from your files list; you can select the file in either Remote or Local views.
- Click the "Put" button
You can click "Yes" or "No" on the Dependent files prompt.
- "Put" always copies the file from the local folder to the server, overwriting the remote version of the file.
- Dependent files include images on your Web page, server-side include files, anything else the browser needs to assemble the page.
- In general, click "Yes" on "Get" and "No" on "Put," but don't forget to "Put" any new images used on the page individually.
When you are ready to publish your webpages - click the icon circled below to access the remote server.
If you get an error message, follow these steps to get connected.