Classroom Tools Workshops
VR - Virtual Reality for the Classroom
Currently this VR training is utilizing Google Cardboard VR glasses and a Smartphone. Training will provide hands on practice with the Google Cardboard and a few VR Apps and 360 video. We will provide the VR glasses and a list of apps and videos for you to take back to your classroom. You will need to bring/provide a compatible Smartphone (iPhone 4,5, & 6 and Android 5,6, and others that have been manufactured in the last 1-2 years). Coming Soon..... MS Hololens Mixed Reality glasses!!!
- Practice with Google Cardboard VR Glasses
- Use & find VR Apps and 360 videos
- Talk about the uses of VR in the classroom
- Explore program specific simulations
Vimeo is an online video streaming program that will store your videos and allow you to share them with outside viewers. CETL has set up a Vimeo account specifically for faculty to use to store and share video files for use in the classroom or online. Videos may be: lecture capture, talking head introductions, PowerPoint videos and more. This workshop will not teach you how to create the video but you will learn how to:
- Upload a video file to Vimeo
- Add search tags and descriptions
- Share a video link with students
Intro to Qualtrics - A Survey Tool
Qualtrics is a web-based survey tool available to all UNC faculty and staff to support survey research and program evaluation. Qualtrics allows for basic and sophisticated survey development, in a streamlined, easy to learn format. Data can be readily viewed in a variety of formats and presentations, and exported to compatible programs such as SPSS and Excel. Undergraduate and graduate students may be granted accounts when supervised by faculty or staff for class, research, or work purposes.
Request Qualtrics Account
Before attending the workshop, you should request a Qualtrics account:
- Go to help.unco.edu
- Submit a service ticket
- In the ticket description type: survey account request.
At the completion of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Create surveys: individual and collaborate
- Edit Survey: build question format and options
- Distribute survey: mailing list of link
- View Results: reports by question, global, filter
- Share Results in multiple formats
Attendees must have experience using Qualtrics before attending this workshop.
- Determine which kind of survey is well-suited for the research focus
- Enhance the survey with basic skip logic
- Make sense of and apply survey results in different contexts
- Enhance the look and feel of the survey
- Create and utilize quick polls instead of entire surveys
- Force responses and understand why this is important
Use Prezi for a presentation alternative to PowerPoint and other presentation software. Create dynamic, engaging presentations using invisible frames, easy editing, zooming feature, send items backward and forward, use size and rotation to grab the attention of your audience! You can also incorporate your existing PowerPoint presentation within the Prezi Presentation! The software is a free download.
Upon completion of this workshop attendees will be able to:
- Create a free Prezi account
- Navigate the canvas
- Create a presentation from a template or from scratch
- Customize colors and fonts
- Add frames, layouts, shapes
- Add path points
- Find additional resources on the website