Online Teaching 101
The Whys and Hows of Online Teaching
Are you interested in teaching online, but don’t know how to get started? Have you wondered if you “have what it takes” to be an online instructor?
This session, given by the Instructional Design and Development team in Continuing Education and Academic Outreach, will provide a basic introduction to online learning including terminology and tools available to convert your face to face courses to online. The session will also provide important information about how to get an online course scheduled, plan an online course, and get trained as an online instructor.
Major discussion topics include:
- What is online learning and what does an online course look like?
- How do I get an online course scheduled?
- What skills do I need as an online instructor?
- What tools are available here at UNC to create and deliver an online course?
- What support/help is available here at UNC if I decide to teach online (including stipends and training)
Presented by: Sherri Lancton & Kate Endres
Where: Candelaria 1375
When:Tuesday, March 20
Time: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Please RSVP to Berniece.Mitchell@unco.edu
By: March 19
Lunch will be provided for preregistered participants.
Sponsored by: Instructional Design and Development and CETL