Bears MATR (Mentors & Advocates for Transition and Retention)
In order to limit the number of unnecessary withdrawals from UNC, the Bears MATR
team was developed.
Location (Greeley campus):
Enrollment Management and Student Access Offices
Carter Hall 3005
Phone: (970) 351-1944
Fax: (970) 351-3340
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00a - 5:00p
Bears MATR will assist students in the following ways:
Work on an individual basis with students who may be having a difficult time
navigating through UNC.
- Work with students at the pre-withdrawal and withdrawal stage, with the principal
goal of utilizing referral tools and intervention strategies in order to retain
- Gather data from students via exit interviews/one-to-one meetings in order to
inform UNC of reasons for withdrawal or desire to withdrawal.
- Develop a timetable for re-entry if student decides to withdraw.
- Mentor students, and work on and coordinate various retention/success opportunities with the following students: Denver Scholarship Foundation students, unaccompanied youth, East African students, walk-ins (those requesting appointment with Enrollment Management and Student Access) and walk-ups (those that request withdrawal from the Office of the Registrar).
- African students, walk-ins (those requesting appointment with EMSA) and walk-ups (those that request withdrawal from the Office of the Registrar).