A final exam schedule is available each semester on the UNC website at the following link: http://www.unco.edu/regrec/Current%20Students/FinalExam.html
If a particular class is not precisely described by one of the listed time periods on the final exam schedule, the final exam period will be determined by the first class meeting time for the week. It is strongly recommended that all instructors determine early in the semester the appropriate amount of time for each final exam and make an announcement to all students.
- An instructor who considers examination unnecessary, may, contingent upon approval, eliminate the final examination in a course.
- If no final examination is given, instruction shall be continued through the last week of the semester. In such cases, classes will meet at the time shown on the final exam schedule.
- The presence of each student registered for credit in a course is mandatory at the final examination, unless the student has made prior arrangements to be excused by the instructor.
- In extreme instances, the instructor may reschedule a final examination, provided it is coordinated with the Office of Academic Affairs and is approved by the department chair.
- If a student has three or more final examinations scheduled for one day, the student may negotiate a time change with the instructor involved. The negotiation should take place no less than one week prior to the scheduled examinations. If the parties involved cannot find a mutually agreeable time, the Office of Academic Affairs will indicate courses in which a change must be made.
- Laboratory sessions will not meet during the final examination period. Laboratory examinations should be given prior to the final examination week.
- Extended Studies course final examinations are announced by faculty during the first class meeting time and/or are listed in the syllabi.
- Final examination schedules allot a time span of two hours and thirty minutes.
- Examinations are to be conducted in the same classroom used throughout the semester unless previous arrangements are made with the Conference Scheduling Department in the University Center on the Greeley campus or at the off-campus center. Faculty should alert students to changes in final examination times or locations prior to the testing date.