Guy Healy Summer Camp
USA Summer Camp is an English language camp for Japanese students, kindergarten-age through college.
Each summer Guy Healy, Japan, an education consulting and exchange agency based in Nagasaki and Fukuoka, Japan, recruits over 120 qualified high school and college students from the United States to work as "American camp counselors" (AC's) in Japan as part of the USA Summer Camp program.
The AC's stay in Japan for six to seven weeks, depending on the assignment. During this period, AC's work with Japanese students on a variety of English language skills and participate in recreation activities, have meals together and interact through a variety of social activities.
When AC's are not working, they spend part of their stay with Japanese host families - the best way to get to know the Japanese culture!
Guy Healy, Japan pays for all of the ACs' expenses (other than shopping, personal trips, and the like - Guy Healy will pay for round-trip airfare from the US to Japan and Visa applicatin fees as well as room and board during the contractual time in Japan). In return, ACs typically work 9 camp sessions of 3 days each.
5 spot are held every year for UNC students!
- All applicants must complete the Study Abroad application
- All applicants must be in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Minimum of 24 university-level credits completed by the time you go abroad
- Accepted students must take the 3-Credit hours of Asia 392 Internship in Asian Studies course
- $150 application fee paid to the summer camp on acceptance
- Candidates are responsible for obtaining a passport
- Applicants will need to be interviewed by the search Committee (more information to follow)
Scholarship Opportunies Available in Addition to Guy Healy.
Stop by the Center for International Education Office for mor details
Location: UC 2205
8:30AM - 4:30PM