Other International Opportunities
- Summer Camp in Japan - Guy Healy
- Summer Internship in China
- International student Teaching
- Please contact the Student Teaching Placement Officer, Lynette Kerrigan, one year ahead of time about your plans. You will be asked to completed a special application and meet criteria specific to this specialized placement.
- Existing opportunities in Ireland, South Korea and Thailand.
Through an international internship program you will have the opportunity to gain experience and develop a new perspective into your career field. You will learn first-hand what it is like to live and work in another country.
Internships may be completed for-credit through a UNC academic department or as a non-credit-bearing opportunity.
UNC works with International Study Abroad in placing students in internships abroad, however there are other programs available through other organizations or can be organized independently if approved by your academic department
On a service-learning program your field experience is tied to your academic program. Service-learning programs exist alongside a traditional semester abroad or can be completed independently of traditional coursework. Service- learning incorporates community work into the curriculum as a type of civic engagement.
Service-learning may be completed as a for-credit opportunity or as a not-for-credit experience.
Students can complete international service-learning through International Study Abroad Service-Learning program. Students also have the option to complete a service-learning through CIEE.
Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, France, Ireland, Jordan, Morocco,
Peru, South Africa, South Korea, and Spain and many other locations.