School Districts to Consider
If you do not know where to request student teaching placement, please consider the following options.Remember, you may not student teach in a school where you have a relative working or attending.
NO Contact Districts:
Please do not contact any of the schools or school personnel in the following districts per their policy:
- Greeley School District 6
- Adams 12
- Thompson Valley School District
- Brighton School District
- Littleton Public Schools
Be sure to note if the district you want to student teach in has additional application requirements and deadlines:
- Student teaching abroad
- Out of State placements need to be researched by you! Contact the Human Resources Department of the district you are interested in to find out their process.
- Research CDE website to learn about any district in the State
- Adams School District 12 has special instructions. Click here for details.
- Academy School District 20 requires you to submit a special application and complete an additional fingerprint background check at your expense.
- Academy for Advanced and Creative Learning, Colorado Springs (Co Spgs Dist. 11)
- Aurora Public Schools require you to submit a special application.
- Boulder Valley PSD requires a special student teaching application and you should contact school principals to let them know of your interest.
- Cherry Creek Schools requires you to submit a special application. From this link select 'human resources', select 'applicants'; under Licensed Applicants select 'student teachers' and then follow the directions. In addition you should contact school principals to let them know you have applied to student teach in their school.
- Denver Public Schools require a special application. Placement process.DPS Application not available until Oct.1/Mar. 1
- Douglas County School District Information Brochure
- Flagstaff Academy, Longmont- Requires a special application and interview: http://www.flagstaffacademy.org/who-we-are/student-teaching
- Fountain/Ft. Carson School District - Please use Employment LINK and follow these directions:
- Click “Start an application for employment” under External Applicants
- Click “START”
- As you complete each section – click the Next Page button in the bottom right corner of the screen
- You do NOT need to check any boxes in the Positions Desired box – BUT the application you create is live and can be edited at anytime. (This allows you to use this same application once you completeyour student teaching to apply to jobs in our district and add positions applying for in the 'Vacancy Desired' section.)
- Once you have gone through all of the required pages,you need to click the Finish and Submit button at the bottom of the screen.
- Global Village Academy K-8 Charter School Invites UNC Student teachers
- Greeley-Evans District 6 requires you to submit an on-line application directly to the District. When you reach Position Desired page, scroll down and select “Student Teacher”. The application includes Teacher Insight assessments, which takes a few minutes to complete.
- Harrison School District 2 requires an additional application.
- Jefferson County School District asks you to please contact schools and speak to principals about your interest.
- Littleton School District. Please DO NOT contact schools or principals prior to placement approval.
- Poudre School District requires you to submit an additional application. Please do contact school principals!
- Pueblo School District 60 requires you to submit a special application.
- St. Vrain School District requires you to submit an additional application.
- Summit County District requires you to submit a special application and Confidentiality Form.
- Thompson School District (Loveland) requires an additional application. DO NOT contact schools prior to confirmed placement.
- Widefield School District requires you to submit a Student Teaching Request Form. See instructions here.
- The Classical Academy, Colorado Springs
If you are a district administrator and would like to host UNC's teacher candidates for student teaching, please e-mail to Lynette Kerrigan, STE Placement Officer. We will post your information on this page and refer our students to it when they consider placement requests.