School Districts to Consider
If you do not know where to request student teaching placement, please consider the following options. Below are included only districts that specifically requested our teacher candidates placed.
- Student teaching abroad
- Research CDE website to learn about any district in the State
- Make sure to consider variety and diversity of your field experiences. For example, Elementary teacher candidates who already had experience in intermediate grades, should request placement in early grades. Similarly, a Secondary candidate who had been placed in a high school setting before, may consider a middle school placement. All students who have previous experience in a suburban setting, should consider
an urban or rural school.
- District 6 Greeley-Evans requires you to submit an on-line application directly to the District. When you reach Position Desired page, scroll down page and select “Student Teacher”. The application includes Teacher Insight assessments, which takes a few minutes to complete. If you are having any difficulties with the online application process, please contact Human Resources at 970-348-6072.
- Adams School District 12 has special instructions. Click here for details.
- Academy School District 20 requires you to submit a special application.
- Academy for Advanced and Creative Learning, Colorado Springs (Co Spgs Dist. 11)
- Aurora Public Schools require you to submit a special application.
- Boulder Valley PSD student teaching application
- Cherry Creek Schools requires you to submit a special application. Click here for detailed instructions.
- Douglas County School District Information Brochure
- Flagstaff Academy - follow student teaching process instructions on our school website http://www.flagstaffacademy.org/who-we-are/student-teaching
- Fountain/Ft. Carson School District - Please use Employment LINK and follow these directions:
- Click “Start an application for employment” under External Applicants
- Click “START”
- As you complete each section – click the Next Page button in the bottom right corner of the screen
- You do NOT need to check any boxes in the Positions Desired box – BUT the application you create is live and can be edited at anytime. (This allows you to use this same application once you completeyour student teaching to apply to jobs in our district and add positions applying for in the 'Vacancy Desired' section.)
- Once you have gone through all of the required pages,you need to click the Finish and Submit button at the bottom of the screen.
- Harrison School District 2 requires and additional application.
- Poudre School District requires you to submit additional information.
- Pueblo School District 60 requires you to submit a special application.
- St. Vrain School District requires you to submit an additional application.
- Summit County District requires you to submit a special application and Confidentiality Form.
- Thompson School District requires an additional application.
- Widefield School District requires you to submit a Student Teaching Request Form. See instructions here.
- The Classical Academy requires you to submit a special application.
- Global Village Academy K-8 Charter School Invites UNC Student teachers
If you are a district administrator and would like to host UNC's teacher candidates for student teaching, please e-mail to Lynette Kerrigan, STE Placement Officer. We will post your information on this page and refer our students to it when they consider placement requests.