Applying to a graduate program at STE
Thank you for your interest in applying to a Graduate Degree, Certificate, Educational Doctorate, or Initial Licensure in UNC's School of Teacher Education. If you have any questions regarding the Graduate School applications and admission process, contact the Graduate School at 970-351-2831.
You will apply to the program and then submit additional materials (International students: please read additional instructions further below).
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School and follow all steps for the application fee and submission of official copies of your transcripts (GRE scores are NOT required for this program).
- You will then click on "myUNC" (or log back in later) to submit the following in the online application system once you have completed your graduate school application:
- Three professional letters of recommendation - the system will help you initiate requests to be sent to these individuals.
- Statement of Goals addressing your potential as a graduate student and future professional goals. The letter should be 500 words or less.
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the graduate school then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision. A completed application typically takes four to six weeks to process.
Additional Requirements for the Educational Doctorate Program:
- Send your writing sample to Grad.ApplicationMaterials@unco.edu as a .pdf or .docx file.
- GRE scores not more than 5 years old.
Your application packet will be evaluated by program faculty.