Instructions for MAT: Elementary Education w/Licensure Application
To apply, follow these steps:
- Complete Free School of Teacher Education online application; before starting it, you should have:
- your unofficial or official transcripts in front of you;
- names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of three professional references
- candidate letter of no more than 500 words, addressing your potential as a graduate student and teacher. You should be able to copy and paste the letter into the on-line application.
- You will enter your cohort location preference, and may put them in order with 1 being first, etc.
- Ask your references to complete a short recommendation form for you at UNCReference.com as soon as possible. These three letters of recommendation are the only ones required for this program.
- The Graduate School online application asks some of the same questions and requires a $50 application fee. This is where your GPA will be calculated. Please read the instructions below to avoid confusion and errors. You may also print them out and use as a guide.
- Directions for the UNC Graduate School online Application:
- Once you click on the link above, look for the link/button on the left that says New Applicant User Login. Then you will be prompted through the process.
- You will select Graduate Application.
- You will select Summer for the Admission Term
- Please enter the appropriate information for
- Mailing Address & Phone
- Permanent Address & Phone
- Personal Information
- Emergency Contact Information
- Regarding your Planned Course of Study select-Education: Elementary Education with Licensure-MAT
- Continue entering information for Previous College and Additional Information.
- You will then pay for and submit your online application. Congratulations!
- Send one official transcript from each college to:
Graduate School and International Admissions
Campus Box 135
University of Northern Colorado
Greeley, CO 80639
(UNC transcripts not necessary)
Your application packet (which comes from a combination of the two on-line applications) will be evaluated with the Application Criteria Rubric. Do not complete it, this is for your information only. If you have any additional information to include or mention, you may email Linda Sisson at Linda.email@example.com with your information. Additionally Jon Shaw will keep track of all aspects of your application and be in contact with you as the application is received via email. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial Aid (Scholarships, Grants, Loans) Information
- If you need information about testing out of the Writing Proficiency Requirements please contact Linda Morehead at email@example.com and sign up for the English Composition with Essay Exam.
Thank you and good luck!
Mr. Jonathan Shaw