Brian C. Rose, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Teacher Education
School of Teacher Education
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
University of Northern Colorado
McKee 266, Campus Box 107
Greeley, CO, 80639
Office: (970) 351-4408
- Ph.D., Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, 2012: Teaching, Learning, and Diversity
- M.S., Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, 2011: Teaching, Learning, and Diversity
- CELTA, International House, Paris, France, 2000: English Language Teaching to Adults
- B.A., University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA, 1996: Social Sciences
- DaSilva Iddings, A. C., & Rose, B. C. (2010). Promoting educational equity for a recent Immigrant Mexican student in an English-dominant classroom: What does it take? In H.R. Milner (Ed.), Culture, curriculum, and identity in education (p. 77-92). New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- DaSilva Iddings, A. C., & Rose, B. C. (2012). Developing pedagogical practices for English language learners: A design-based approach. Pedagogies: An International Journal, 7(1), pp. 32-51.
- Jiménez, R. T., & Rose, B. C. (2008). English language learners. In S. Mathison & E. W. Ross (Eds.), Battleground Schools. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press.
- Jiménez, R. T., & Rose, B. C. (2010). Knowing how to know: Building meaningful relationships through instruction that meets the needs of students learning English. Journal of Teacher Education, 61(5), pp. 403-412.
- Jiménez, R. T., Rose, B. C., Cole, M. W., & Flushman, T. R. (2011). English language learners: Language and relationships. In D. Lapp & D. Fisher (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Teaching the Language Arts (p. 139-144). International Reading Association and National Council of Teachers of English.
- Rose, B. C., & Teague, B. L. (2008). Professional development for volunteer adult ESL educators: The mediating role of teacher-researcher collaboration. In Y. Kim & V. J. Risko (Eds.), 57th Yearbook of the National Reading Conference. Oak Creek, WI: National Reading Conference.