Christy M. Moroye, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Foundations and Curriculum Studies
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
University of Northern Colorado
Research and Scholarship Interests
- Curriculum Studies and Teacher Education
- Ecological Mindedness in Teaching and Curriculum
- Aesthetic Perspectives of Curriculum and Perceptual Teaching and Learning
- Educational Connoisseurship and Criticism
- Ph.D., Curriculum and Instruction, with emphases in curriculum studies and teacher education. University of Denver, Denver, CO, 2007.
- M.A. Education with emphasis in urban education. University of Denver, Denver, CO, 1999.
- B.A. English with minor in philosophy. University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 1996.
- Uhrmacher, P. B. & Moroye, C. M. (2014). Experience, heightened vitality, and aesthetic engagement, or why is stick man smiling. In Donna Adair Breault and Rick Breault (Eds.), Experiencing Dewey: Insights for today’s classroom (2nd ed.) (62-65). New York, NY: Routledge.
- Moroye, C. M. and Ingman, B. C. (2013). Ecological mindedness across the curriculum. Curriculum Inquiry, 43(5), 588-612.
- Uhrmacher, P. B., Conrad, B., & Moroye, C. M. (2013). Finding the balance between process and product through perceptual lesson planning. Teachers College Record. 115 (7).
- Moroye, C. M. & Uhrmacher, P. B. (2012). Standards, not standardization: Orchestrating aesthetic educational experiences. Language Arts Journal of Michigan. 28 (1), 65-69.
- Ingman, B. and Moroye, C. M. (2011). Daydreams and Awakenings: A review of Fields of Green: Restorying culture, environment, and education. Curriculum Journal.
- Moroye, C. M. (2010). Ecologically Minded Teaching: Authenticity and Care. In P. B. Uhrmacher & K. Bunn (Ed.), Beyond the One Room School. Sense Publishers.
- Moroye, C. M. and Uhrmacher, P. B. (2010). Aesthetic Themes as Conduits to Creativity. American Teacher Educators’ Yearbook.
- Moroye, C. M. (2010). Ecological Theory. In C. Kridel (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Curriculum Studies. SAGE.
- Moroye, C. M. (2009). Complementary Curriculum: The work of ecologically minded teachers. Journal of Curriculum Studies, 41(6), Routledge. Selected for Curriculum Studies Reader, Fourth Edition.
- Moroye, C. M. and Uhrmacher, P. B. (2009). Aesthetic Themes and the Art of Teaching. Curriculum and Teaching Dialogue, 11(1 & 2), Information Age.
- Uhrmacher, P. B. and Moroye, C. M. (2009). Perspectives and perceptions of the SAGE Handbook of Curriculum and Instruction, Journal of Curriculum Studies, 41(1).