Jody K. Lawrence, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Teacher Education
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
University of Northern Colorado
Campus Box 107
279 McKee, Greeley, CO 80639
Office phone: 970-351-2317
Research Interests and Specializations
- Writing workshop
- literacy education
- constructivist teaching
- reading comprehension instruction.
- Ph. D., University of Virginia, 2006. Instruction and Curriculum (Literacy focus)
- MA, University of Colorado, 2002. Instruction and Curriculum
- BA, University of Colorado, 1999. Psychology and Elementary Education License.
- Hansen, J., Kissel, B., Tower, H. & Lawrence, J. (2011). The influential interactions of pre-kindergarten writers. Journal of Early Childhood Literacy 11(4); pages 425-452.
- Kissel, B. & Lawrence, J. (2010). From Teacher to Reflective Practitioner and Researcher: An Interview with Jane Hansen. Talking Points 22(1); pages 15-19.
- Lawrence, J.K. (2009). “You ain’t gonna make me pick another topic? How one writer makes writers’ workshop work for him.” The Journal of Teaching Writing. Vol 24(2); pages 79-94.
- Lawrence, J.K. (2009). Breaking free: One teacher examines her own fears about writing to become a better writing teacher. Colorado Reading Council Journal, Vol. 20(1); pages 14-19.
- Lawrence, J.K. ( Spring 2007). Using writers’ workshop to promote literacy engagement: A glimpse into two elementary classrooms. Colorado Council Reading Journal, Vol. 18(1);pages 23-28.
- Lawrence, J.K. (2006). Revoicing: How one teacher’s language creates active learners in a constructivist classroom. The Constructivist. Vol. 17(1).
- Lawrence, J.K. (2006) “Meet Jody Kahn Lawrence – And her mentor, Jane Hansen. Colorado Communicator. Vol. 30(1).
- Lawrence, J. (2006). “Top ten tips for teaching writing: A writers’ workshop approach.” Colorado Communicator. Vol. 30(2).