Heng-Yu Ku, Ph.D.
Professor of Teacher Education
School of Teacher Education
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
University of Northern Colorado
Campus Box 107
McKee 213F, Greeley, CO 80639
Office phone: 970-351-2935
Research Interests and Specializations
Technology integration; instructional strategies; on-line learning and teaching strategies; and online collaboration
- Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2001: Learning and Instructional Technology.
- M.T., Arizona State University, 1996: Industrial Management.
- B.A., Arizona State University, 1994: Industrial Management and Supervision.
- Akarasriworn, C., & Ku, H. Y. (2013). Graduate studentsí knowledge construction and attitudes toward online synchronous video conferencing collaborative learning environments. Quarterly Review of Distance Education, 14(1), 35-48.
- Ku, H. Y., Tseng, H. W. & Akarasriworn, C. (2013). Collaboration factors, teamwork satisfaction, and student attitudes toward online collaborative learning. Computers in Human Behavior, 29(3), 922-929.
- Ku, H. Y., Akarasriworn, C., Rice, L., Glassmeyer, D., & Mendoza, B. (2011). Teaching an online graduate mathematics education course for in-service mathematics teachers. Quarterly Review of Distance Education, 12(2), 135-147.
- Mayes, R., Luebeck, J., Ku, H. Y., Akarasriworn, C., & Korkmaz, O. (2011). Themes and strategies for transformative online instruction: A review of literature and practice. Quarterly Review of Distance Education, 12(3), 151-166.
- Chuang, H. Y., & Ku, H. Y. (2011). The effect of computer-based multimedia instruction with Chinese character recognition. Educational Media International, 48(1), 27-41.
- Tseng, H. W., & Ku, H. Y. (2011). The relationships between trust, performance, satisfaction, and development progressions among virtual teams. Quarterly Review of Distance Education, 12(2), 81-94.
- Taylor, J. E., & Ku, H. Y. (2011). Measuring active learning to predict course quality. Performance Improvement Quarterly (PIQ), 24(1), 31-48.
- Ku, H. Y., Plantz-Masters, S., Hosler, K., Diteeyont, W., Akarasriworn, C., & Lin, T. Y. (2011). An analysis of educational technology doctoral programs in the United States. In M. Orey, V.J. McClendon, & R. M. Branch (Eds.), Educational Media and Technology Yearbook (pp. 99 -112). Libraries Unlimited.