University of Northern Colorado
School of Teacher Education
Campus Box 107
Greeley, CO 80639
- Ph.D., Arizona State University: Learning and Instructional Technology
- M.T., Arizona State University: Industrial Management
- B.S., Arizona State University: Industrial Management and Supervision
Dr. Ku has been teaching at the University of Northern Colorado since 2001. He had
been awarded the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences Outstanding Scholar Award in 2005 and 2010. Dr. Ku has earned Doctoral Research Endorsement status at UNC.
Research/Areas of Interest
Technology integration, on-line learning and teaching strategies, online collaboration,
and teacher candidates’ field experiences.
- Ku, H. Y., Kaufeld, K., Hess, C., Kreider, S., Sileo, N., & Sheehan, E. (2016). The
effects of the student teaching triad model. Journal of the World Federation of Associations of Teacher Education, 1(1), 9-22.
- Ebrecht, B. M., & Ku, H. Y. (2015). A case of classroom blogging in three elementary
schools. Journal of Educational Research and Innovation, 4(1), 1-22.
- Ellis, L., Marston, K., Lightfoot, J., Sexton, J., Byrnes, J., Ku, H. Y., & Black,
K. (2015). Faculty professional development in student learning assessment: The assessment
leadership institute. Research & Practice in Assessment, 10, 69-80.
- Hailu, T. E., & Ku, H. Y. (2014). The adaptation of the Horn of Africa immigrant students
in higher education. The Qualitative Report, 19(55), 1-19.
- Ku, H. Y., Tseng, H. W., & Akarasriworn, C. (2013). Collaboration factors, teamwork
satisfaction, and student attitudes toward online collaborative learning. Computers in Human Behavior, 29(3), 922-929.
- Akarasriworn, C., & Ku, H. Y. (2013). Graduate students’ knowledge construction and
attitudes toward online synchronous video conferencing collaborative learning environments.
Quarterly Review of Distance Education, 14(1), 35-48.
- Ku, H. Y., Akarasriworn, C., Rice, L., Glassmeyer, D., & Mendoza, B. (2011). Teaching
an online graduate mathematics education course for in-service mathematics teachers.
Quarterly Review of Distance Education, 12(2), 135-147.
- Mayes, R., Luebeck, J., Ku, H. Y., Akarasriworn, C., & Korkmaz, O. (2011). Themes
and strategies for transformative online instruction: A review of literature and practice.
Quarterly Review of Distance Education, 12(3), 151-166.
- Chuang, H. Y., & Ku, H. Y. (2011). The effect of computer-based multimedia instruction
with Chinese character recognition. Educational Media International, 48(1), 27-41.
- Tseng, H. W., & Ku, H. Y. (2011). The relationships between trust, performance, satisfaction,
and development progressions among virtual teams. Quarterly Review of Distance Education, 12(2), 81-94.
- Taylor, J. E., & Ku, H. Y. (2011). Measuring active learning to predict course quality.
Performance Improvement Quarterly, 24(1), 31-48.
- Ku, H. Y., Plantz-Masters, S., Hosler, K., Diteeyont, W., Akarasriworn, C., & Lin,
T. Y. (2011). An analysis of educational technology doctoral programs in the United
States. In M. Orey, V.J. McClendon, & R. M. Branch (Eds.), Educational Media and Technology Yearbook (pp. 99 -112). Libraries Unlimited.
- Ku, H. Y., Akarasriworn, C., Rice, L., Glassmeyer, D., Mendoza, B., & Hauk, S. (2011).
Facilitating online learning: Findings from a graduate mathematics education course.
In C. Maddux, D. Gibson, B. Dodge, M. Koehler, P. Mishra & C. Owens (Eds.), Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2011, (pp. 115-120). Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education, Chesapeake,