Dr. Jacque Phillips
Adjunct Professor of Special Education
School of Special Education
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
University of Northern Colorado
Greeley , CO 80639
Office: (970) 302-4294
Special education law, international law, emotional/behavioral disabilities, diversity, behavior management, ADHD, gifted, math education
- J. D. University of Denver School of Law 2009
- Ed.D University of Northern Colorado 1997 Significantly Identifiable Emotional Disability
- M.A. University of Northern Colorado 1991 Special Education, Affective Needs
- B.A. University of Northern Colorado 1989 Middle School: Mathematic
- Phillips, J. & Chapman, R. Special Education Litigation Prevention Workbook. In press
- Conroy, P. W., Rude, H., & Phillips, J. (2006). Rural challenges to educating English language learners with visual impairments.. Rural Special Education Quarterly, 25 (4), 16-24.
- Sunehisiro, M., & Phillips, J. (2003). An overview of the support system and inclusion practices for students with disabilities in the United States. Japanese Journal of Studies on Disabilities and Handicap, 31. Kyoto, Japan.
- Phillips,J. (2003). “Be Nice to Me”: The cool teacher’s guide to behavior management. Pearson Publishing:CA.
- Phillips, J., & Bhavnagri, N. (2002). The Maasai’s education and empowerment: Challenges of a migrant lifestyle. Childhood Education, 78(3), 140-146.
- Kusuma-Powell, O., Powell, W. R., and Phillips, J. (2000). Good teaching: The foundation for the inclusive classroom. In Kusuma-Powell, O., & Powell, W. R., (Eds.), Count me in! Developing inclusive international schools. pp. (42-63). Washington, D.C: Department of State
- Phillips, J. (1999). Inclusion strategies for early childhood education: The case of the Kitisuru Nursery School Nairobi, Kenya. African Journal of Special Needs Education, 4 (2), 34-40
Selected State, National and International Presentations:
- Justifying Cool Interventions using Standards. Colorado Council of Teachers of Mathematics. Denver, CO (2009).
- Legal Issues for Students Labeled Seriously Emotionally Disabled. International Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders Conference. Denver, CO (2009).
- Special Education International: Diversity to the Extreme! Council for Exceptional Children Annual Convention. Seattle, WA (2009).
- Power of Education. Keynote Speech. Teen Parent Program Graduation. Boulder, CO (2007).
- Effective Strategies for Teaching Math to English Language Learners. English Language Teachers Education Conference (ELTEC). Yangon, Myanmar (2006).
- Success with Struggling Students. East Asia Regional Council for Overseas Schools (EARCOS) Conference. Bangkok, Thailand (2004).
- Ants, Queens and Sharks: Ways to Succeed with Challenging Students. African International Schools Association (AISA) Conference. Johannesburg, South Africa (October, 2002).
- Culture, Class and Control: Alternative Solutions to Traditional Problems. International Conference for Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders (CCBD). Atlanta, GA (2001).
|2009||Dvorchak Law firm (Juvenile Law)||Law||Juveniles|
|2009||US Dept. of Education: Office of Civil Rights||Law||Education|
|2008||The Legal Center for People with Disabilities||Law||Special Education|
- 2008 Tanzania, International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda
- 2009 Israel, Israeli Supreme Court