Francie R. Murry, Ph.D.
Professor of Special Education
School of Special Education
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
University of Northern Colorado
Greeley, CO 80639
Office: (970) 351-1656
Research Interests and Specializations:
- Strategies to advocate for the promotion of effective programs and treatment for students with special needs, specifically behavioral and emotional disorders
- Cognitive and metacognitive methods for enhancing the education of learners with special needs
- Pre-service and in-service teacher preparation/pedagogy
- Ph.D. University of Virginia ,1991, Special Education
- M.A. Central Washington University, 1988, Special Education
- B.A. Central Washington University, 1980, Special Education
Selected Publications and Presentations:
- Murry, F.R. & Allen, M.T. (2010). Four strategies to create positive transition outcomes for students with Emotional or Behavioral Disorders. Chapter In D. Cheney (Ed.) Transition of Students with Emotional or Behavioral Disabilities from School to Community: Current Approaches for Positive Outcomes. Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders: Arlington, VA
- Murry, F. (2009). Benefit of mentoring between at risk Latino/a youth and elder
- volunteers. Presentation at the 8th Biennial International Conference on Children and Youth with Behavioral Disorders. Denver, CO
- Wilder, L. K., Shepherd, T. L., Murry, F., Rogers, E., Heaton, E., and Sonntag, A.
W. (2007). Teacher ratings of social skills across ethnic groups for learners with mild disabilities: Implications for teacher education. Curriculum and Teaching, 22(1), 47-66.
- Murry, F. R. (2005). Effective advocacy for students with Emotional/Behavioral Disorders: How high the cost? Education and Treatment of Children, 28(4), 239-260.
- Murry, F. R. (2005). Interagency collaboration: Where advocacy should play a part. Chapter In D. Unruh (Ed.) Providing Services to Adolescents with Emotional/Behavioral Disorders (pp. 64-71). Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders: Arlington, VA
- Campbell, J. S., Pulos, S., Hogan, M., & Murry, F. R. (2005). Reliability generalization study of the Psychopathy Checklist applied to youthful samples. Educational and Psychological Measurement, 65(4), 639-656.
- Murry, F. R. (2004). Youth with Emotional/Behavioral Disabilities: Alternative Ventures in Transition. Chapter In D. Cheney (Ed.) Transition of Students with Emotional or Behavioral Disabilities from School to Community: Current Approaches for Positive Outcomes. Council for Children with Exceptional Children: Arlington, VA
- JABG Formula Grant for At-risk Youth Development, State of Colorado
- Mentoring At-risk Youth, REDI grant award, Greeley, CO