Tracy Gershwin Mueller, Ph.D.
Professor of Special Education
School of Special Education
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
University of Northern Colorado
Greeley, CO 80639
Family-School Partnerships, Conflict Prevention and Alternative Dispute Resolution, Special Education Law, Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports, Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders, Transition-focused Behavior Planning, Students with Autism, and Teacher Education/Quality.
Board Certified Behavior Analyst-Doctoral (BCBA-D Certification # 1-13-13498)
Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Instructor (Instructor #627453)
Colorado Trained Mediator
- Ph.D. University of California at Santa Barbara 2004 Special Education
- M.A. University of California at Santa Barbara 2003 Special Education
- M.A. Chapman University 1999 Curriculum and Instruction
- B.S. Syracuse University 1998 Inclusive Education
- Mueller, T.G. (In Press). Understanding and Addressing Challenging Behavior for Individuals with Disabilities, Gannett. Available from http://www.continuingeducation.com.
- Mueller, T.G., & Buckely, P. C. (2014). The odd man out: How fathers navigate the
special education system. Remedial and Special Education, 35(1), 40-49.
- Mueller, T.G., & Piantoni, S. (Dec, 2013). Actions speak louder than words: How do special education administrators prevent and resolve conflict with families? The Journal of Special Education Apprenticeship, 2(2), 1-15.
- Mueller, T.G., & Brewer, R.D. (2013). Rethinking professional development in rural
communities for students with autism spectrum disorder. Rural Special Education Quarterly, 32(3), 11-19.
- Mueller, T.G., Bassett, D. S., & Brewer, R.D. (2012). Planning for the Future: A Model for Using the Principles of Transition to Guide the Development of Behavior Intervention Plans. Intervention in School and Clinic. 48 (1), 38–46.
- Mueller, T.G., & Carranza, F. D. (2011). An Examination of Special Education Due Process Hearings. The Journal of Disability Policy Studies, 22 (3), 133-141.
- Mueller, T.G., Milian, M., & Lopez, M.L. (2009). Latina Mothers' Views of a Parent-to-Parent Support Group in the Special Education System. Research and Practice for Persons with Severe Disabilities, 34(3–4), 1–10.
- Mueller, T.G. (2009). IEP Facilitation: A Promising Approach to Resolving Conflicts Between Parents of Children with Disabilities and School Districts. Teaching Exceptional Children, 41 (3), 60-67.
- Mueller, T.G (2013). Practice Makes Perfect: Pre-Service Preparation for IEP Meeting Success. Paper presented at the Teacher Education Division Conference. November 6-9, 2013.
- Mueller, T.G., & Pierce, C.D. (2013). To Lead or Not to Lead: Strategies for Preparing Effective Educational Leaders. Interactive Paper presented at Teacher Education Division Conference. November 6-9, 2013.
- Mueller, T.G (2013). Building Bridges and Closing Gaps: Partnering with Parents for Behavioral Success. A Poster presented at the annual Council for Children with Behavior Disorders Conference. September 24-26, 2013.
- Mueller, T.G., & Gershwin, S. (2013). What’s in Your Toolbox? Teaching Students to Regulate their Own Behaviors. A poser presented at the annual Council for Children with Behavior Disorders Conference. September 24-26, 2013.
- Mueller, T.G. (2012) Working Through Conflict: A Qualitative Inquiry of Facilitated IEP Meetings. Poster session presented at the annual Council for Exceptional Children Conference. April 11-14, 2012.
(Authored Online Modules for Education Trainings):
- Mueller, T.G., Moore, S., Holland, P., Holland, G., Brennan, J., & Brennan, V. (2008). Conflict resolution for special education. www.hyperformer.com/ConflictModule/
- Mueller, T.G., Schaffner, R., Schaffner, B., & Moore, S. (2008). All about Transition. http://www.unco.edu/cetl/TracyMueller/ModulesInterface.html
- Mueller, T.G., Gonzalez-Yoder, M., & Moore, S. (2008). All about Behavior. http://www.unco.edu/cetl/TracyMueller/ModulesInterface.html
- Mueller, T.G., Ortiz, M., & Moore, S. (2008). All about Working with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Families. http://www.unco.edu/cetl/TracyMueller/ModulesInterface.html
- Mueller, T.G., Stewart, A., Schertz, H., & Moore, S. (2007). All about Inclusion. http://www.unco.edu/cetl/TracyMueller/ModulesInterface.html
- Mueller, T.G., Stewart, A., Schertz, H., & Moore, S. (2007). All about The Individualized Education Plan. http://www.unco.edu/cetl/TracyMueller/ModulesInterface.html