Tracy Gershwin Mueller, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Special Education
School of Special Education
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
University of Northern Colorado
Greeley, CO 80639
Research Interests and Specializations:
Family-School Partnerships, Conflict Prevention and Alternative Dispute Resolution, Special Education Law, Positive Behavior Support, Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders, Students with Autism, and Teacher Quality.
- Ph.D. University of California at Santa Barbara 2004 Special Education
- M.A. University of California at Santa Barbara 2003 Special Education
- M.A. Chapman University 1999 Curriculum and Instruction
- B.S. Syracuse University 1998 Inclusive Education
- Mueller, T.G., Milian, M., & Lopez, M.L. (In Press). Latina Mothers' Views of a Parent-to-
Parent Support Group in the Special Education System. Research and Practice for
Persons with Severe Disabilities.
- Mueller, T.G., & Pierce, C.D. (2010). Educational diagnosis. In P. A. Gallagher
Teaching Students with Behavior Disorders (2nd Ed.). Denver, CO: Love Publishing.
- Mueller, T.G. (2009). IEP Facilitation: A Promising Approach to Resolving Conflicts
Between Parents of Children with Disabilities and School Districts. Teaching Exceptional
Children, 41 (3), 60-67.
- Mueller, T.G. (2009). Appropriate Dispute Resolution: A New Agenda for Special
Education Policy. Journal of Disability Policy Studies.
Brewer, R., Mueller, T.G. (2008) Strategies at hand: Quick strategies for working
with students who have autism. Shawnee Mission, KS: Autism Asperger Publishing
- Mueller, T.G., Singer, G.H.S., & Draper, L. (2008). Reducing parental dissatisfaction with
special education in two school districts: Implementing conflict prevention and
alternative dispute resolution. Journal of Educational and Psychological
Consultation, 18 (3), 191-233.
- Promoting Effective Parent/Teacher Partnerships: Infusing the Parent Voice into Teacher Education Courses through Online Case Study Modules, Colorado Department of Education
- Fostering the Parent/Teacher Partnership through Conflict Prevention and Alternative Dispute Resolution-focused Online Case Study Modules, Colorado Department of Education.
- Conflict in Special Education: Administrators’ Experiences and Perspectives, University of Northern Colorado.
- Due Process and Special Education: Analysis and Lessons from the Field, University of Northern Colorado.