Lorna Idol, Ph.D.
PO Box 995
Evergreen, CO 80437
Phone/Fax 303 679-1608
Research Interests and Specializations
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Literacy Instruction and Learning Disabilities
- Effective Instructional Programs for Difficult-To-Teach Students
- Creating Collaborative and Inclusive Schools
- Collaborative Consultation and the Consulting Teacher Model
- Mediation, Team Building, Group Decision-Making Skills, and Consensual Agreements
- Asynchronous, Online Learning
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Program Evaluation; Univariate & Multivariate Statistics; Research Design; Single-Subject Research Designs
- Internet, Electronic Test Development
SPECIALIZATIONS RELATED TO INCLUSION AND SPECIAL EDUCATION PROGRAMS
- Curriculum-Based Assessment
- Direct, Data-Based Instruction
- Grading/Student Evaluation
- Instructional and Curricular Modifications
- Multi-Layered Lessons and Differentiated Instruction
- Reading Comprehension in the Content Areas
- Student Discipline and Classroom Management
- Ph.D. Curriculum & Instruction/Special Education (Learning/Reading Disabilities), University of New Mexico, 1979.
- M.Ed. Special Education (Learning Disabilities), University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada, 1974
- B.S. Dual Degree in Special Education and Elementary Education, University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada, 1969
- Idol, L. (2008). Reading Success: A validation of a specialized literacy education program (1978-2007). Remedial and Special Education.
- Idol, L., Nevin, A., & Paolucci-Whitcomb, P. (2007). Models of Curriculum-Based Assessment (4th Ed.). Austin, TX: PRO-ED.
- Idol, L. (2006). Toward inclusion of special education students in general education: A program evaluation and study of eight schools. Remedial and Special Education, 27(2), 77-94.
- Idol, L. (2001). Creating Collaborative and Inclusive Schools. Austin, TX: PRO-ED.
- Idol, L., Nevin, A., & Paolucci-Whitcomb, P. (2000). Collaborative Consultation (3rd Ed.) Austin, TX: PRO-ED.
- Professional Development Consultant, Education Agencies[Collaboration, Teaming, Special Education, Literacy Education and Program Evaluation], 1976 - Present
- Contractor/Consultant, Technical Assistance for Excellence in Special Education, Utah State University, Logan, Utah, 2009-2010.
Current Professional Editor
Editorial Board, Journal of Educational and Psychological Consultation,
- Elementary Education (K-8, Nevada)
- Special Education (K-12, Nevada: Learning Disabilities and Mental Retardation)
- Generic Special Education (K-12, Texas)
- Literacy Specialist (Texas)
- Elementary Education (Grades 1-6, Texas)
- Early Childhood Education (PK - K, Texas)
OTHER PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATES
- Professional Mediator, State of Texas
- The Center for Public Policy Dispute Resolution
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, TX
- Advanced Family Mediator, State of Texas
- Dispute Resolution Center, Austin, TX