George T. Betts, Ed.D.
Professor of Special Education.
School of Special Education
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
University of Northern Colorado
Greeley , CO 80639
Research Interests and Specializations:
Methods and Curriculum for the Gifted and Talented, Program Development for the Gifted and Talented, The Autonomous Learner Model for the Gifted and Talented, Counseling for the Gifted and Talented, Emotional and Social Needs of the Gifted.
- Ed.D. University of Northern Colorado 1972 Psychology, Counseling & Guidance
- M.A. University of Northern Colorado 1969 Psychology, Counseling & Guidance
- B.S. Phillips University 1966 History & Education
Selected Publications and Presentations:
- Betts, G.T. (2005). The Journey of Lifelong Learning. Marion, IL: Pieces of Learning.
- Betts, G.T. (2005). The Young Gifted Child and the Autonomous Learner Model. Greeley, CO: ALPS Publishing.
- Betts, G.T. (2004) . Point/Counter Point – Teacher-Differentiated or Learner-Differentiated Curriculum. Roeper Review.
- Betts, G.T. (2003). The Journey of the Life-long Learner. Invited paper for Presentation of Conference “Curriculum and Didactics of Gifted Education – Enhancing Talents, Individualizing Learning. European Council for High Ability, Munster, Germany
- Betts, G.T. (2003). The Autonomous Learning Model for High School Programming. Gifted Education Communicator: A Journal for Educators and Parents, California Association for the Gifted.
- Betts, G. T. (November, 2006). Profiles of the Gifted and Talented (Keynote) 16th Annual SAGE Conference: Edmonton, Alberta
- Betts, G., Neilsen, E. L. & Higgins, L. D. (2005, November) A Perfect Fit: Twice Exceptional Children and the Autonomous Learner Model. National Association for Gifted Children National Conference: Louisville, Kentucky.
- Betts, G. (2005, October). Revised Profiles of the Gifted and Talented Colorado Association for the Gifted and Talented: Denver, Colorado.
- Development of the Center for the Education and Study of the Gifted, Talented and Creative
- Bilingual Gifted Educational Program with Patty Rendon, ESC #1, Loradeo & McAllen, Texas
- Brentwood Middle School Gifted and Talented Program with Susan MacKenzie in Greeley, CO
- Selected for the M. Lucile Harrison Award for Professional Excellence. University of Northern Colorado.
- Selected as one of the 50 most Influential Leaders in the History of Gifted Educatio National Association for Gifted Children, Washington, DC
- Keynote Speaker, German Conference on the Gifted: Munster, Germany
- Featured Speaker at World GT Conference: Barcelona, Spain
- Professional Achievement Mentor National Association for Gifted Childre