Ready to Graduate?
One semester prior to the anticipated semester of graduation, you should file an Application for Graduation (See the link for the form under Forms and Handbook). This form must be submitted to the Graduate School at least 45 calendar days before the end of the semester preceding the semester in which you plan to graduate. If you miss the filing date, you will be charged a late fee. The form needs to be signed by your advisor.
After filing the application for graduation, you will receive notification of approval or conditions that need to be met by the Graduate School. Attendance at the graduation ceremony is optional and your name will be listed in the commencement program whether or not you attend the commencement ceremony.
One semester prior to the semester you wish to graduate:
- Contact your advisor to ensure that you have met all the graduation requirements or on your way to meeting them.
- File the Application to Graduate with the Graduate School.
The semester you wish to Graduate:
- Check the deadlines for completing comps (if you enrolled before January 1, 2007)
- Check the deadline for completing iWebfolio (if you enrolled after January 1, 2007)
To secure an institutional recommendation to become endorsed in Special Education: Early Childhood, you must obtain the necessary forms from the School of Teacher Education at the University of Northern Colorado or the Colorado Department of Education after you have:
- Completed the Professional Teacher Education Program of study (there will be no required courses if you already have a Colorado teachers’ license);
- Completed the plan of study for your graduate program; and
- Passed the comprehensive examination or submitted an approved thesis.