- A master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or a comparable degree from a foreign institution is required for graduate admission.
- A grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on the most recent 60 credit hours completed is required.
Applicants must apply to the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School before the program area reviews the applicant’s request for admission. To apply, follow the instructions below. Failure to submit all required materials will delay the evaluation and screening of your application.
Apply to UNC Graduate School
- Complete the online application and pay the application fee (you will pay the fee after you complete all application
questions and submit the application)
Domestic: $50 non-refundable application fee
International: $60 non-refundable application fee
- Request one official transcript from all accredited colleges or universities attended since completing high school. UNC alumni do not need to submit UNC trasncripts.
Submit Required Materials
Once you have completed your graduate school application, you will need to log back into the online application system and submit the following program-specific supplemental materials:
- Three letters of recommendation - they system will help you initiate a request to be sent to your recommenders.
- Statement of Academic and Professional Goals
- Published or Professional Writing Sample
- Official GRE scores are required (less than 5 years old). UNC's institutional code is 4074. Minimum GRE scores:
- 140 quantitative
- 146 verbal reasoning
- Combined score of at least 297
- Analytical writing 3.5
All international (non-U.S. citizen) applicants will also need to prepare the following for your application:
- Demonstration of Language proficiency – TOEFL, IELTS, PTE-A, or petition for exemption (UNC’s institutional code is 4074)
- Copy of passport bio page** - You will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- Financial Documentation** – We will need to verify that you can financially cover the estimated costs (tuition, fees, room, board, insurance, books, supplies, travel) of the time you will be in the U.S. Those applying to programs that last longer than one year will only need to provide proof for the first year at the time of application (you will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.
** = Items marked with ** are only required for applicants who will be coming to the United States.
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the graduate school then sent to the faculty/program for an admission recommendation. A completed application typically takes four to six weeks to process.