Professor of Psychological Sciences
- B.A.: Colorado State University
- Ph.D.: Colorado State University
Social Psychology, Prejudice, Psychology and the Law, History and Systems
History of psychology, teaching of psychology, psychology and the law, jealousy and revenge
- King, D. B., Viney, W., & Woody, W. D. (2008). A history of psychology: Ideas and context (4th edition). Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
- Woody, W. D. (2008). Psychology and the law. In S. F. Davis, & W. Buskist (Eds.), 21st century psychology: A reference handbook, vol. 2 (pp. 425-434). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publishers.
- Woody, W. D. (2008). Collaboration: Faculty Perspective. In R. Miller, R. Rycek, E. Balcetis, S. Barney, B. Beins, S. Burns, R. Smith, & M. E. Ware, (Eds.), Developing, promoting, and sustaining the undergraduate research experience in psychology (pp. 215-219). Electronic book: Society for the Teaching of Psychology. Retrievable from http://teachpsych.org/resources/e-books/ur2008/5-2%20Woody.pdf
- Woody, W. D. (2006). Ethical teaching. In W. Buskist, & S. F. Davis (Eds.), Handbook of the Teaching of Psychology (pp. 221-227). Malden, MA: Blackwell Publishing.
Supplementary Materials fsor Instruction
- Woody, W. D. (2008). Instructor’s manual and test bank for A history of psychology: Ideas and context (4th ed.). Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
- Woody, W. D. (2008). Instructor’s PowerPoint presentation for A history of psychology: Ideas and context (4th ed.). Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Woody, W. D., & Viney, W. (2009). A pluralistic universe: An overview and implications for psychology. Mind and Behavior, 30, 107-120.
- Woody, W. D. (2009). The use of “cult” in the teaching of psychology. Psychology of Spirituality and Religion, 1, 218-232.
- Woody, W. D., & Forrest, K. D. (2009). Effects of false-evidence ploys and expert testimony on jurors’ verdicts, recommended sentences, and perceptions of confession evidence. Behavioral Sciences and the Law [Special Issue: The Age of Innocence: Miscarriages of Justice in the 21st Century], 27, 333-360.