Professor of Psychological Sciences
- B.A.: Luther College
- Ph.D.: University of Minnesota
Principles of Psychology, Evolution and Behavior, Psychological Statistics, Sensation and Perception, Seminar in College Teaching, Infant Cognition
Development of Visual Perception
- Granrud, C. E. (in press). Judging the size of a distant object: Strategy use by children and adults. In G. Hatfield & S. Allred (Eds.), Visual Experience: Sensation, Cognition, and Constancy. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Hemker, L., Granrud, C. E., Yonas, A., & Kavšek, M. (2010). Infant perception of surface texture and relative height as distance information: A preferential-reaching study. Infancy, 15, 6-27
- Merriman, W. E., Moore, Z., & Granrud, C. E. (2010). Children’s strategic compensation for size underconstancy: Dependence on distance and relation to reasoning ability. Visual Cognition, 18, 296-319.
- Kavšek, M., Granrud, C. E., & Yonas, A. (2009). Infants’ responsiveness to pictorial depth cues in preferential-reaching studies: A meta-analysis. Infant Behavior and Development, 32, 245-253.
- Granrud, C. E. (2009). Development of size constancy in children: A test of the metacognitive theory. Perception & Psychophysics, 71 (3), 644-654.
- Granrud, C. E., & Schmechel, T. N. (2006). Development of size constancy in children: A test of the proximal mode sensitivity hypothesis. Perception & Psychophysics, 68, 1372-1381.
- Granrud, C. E. (2006). Size constancy in infants: 4-month-olds’ responses to physical vs. retinal image size. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance, 32, 1398-1404.
- Yonas, A., & Granrud, C. E. (2006). Infants’ perception of depth from cast shadows. Perception & Psychophysics, 68, 154-160.
- Yonas, A., Granrud, C. E., Chov, M. H., & Alexander, A. J. (2005). Picture perception in infants: Do 9-month-olds attempt to grasp objects depicted in photographs? Infancy, 8, 147-166.