John B. Cooney, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychological Sciences
- B.S.: Sam Houston State University (1974)
- M.S.: Texas A&M University (1977)
- Ph.D.: Texas A&M University (1980)
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION:
- Learning, Memory & Cognition
- Research Design, Measurement, and Evaluation,
- Structural Equation & Hierarchical Linear Models
- Luckner. J. L., Sebald, A. M., Cooney, J.B., Young, J., Muir, S.G. (2006). An examination of the evidence-based literacy research in Deaf Education. American Annals of the Deaf, 150(5), 443-456.
- Denzine, G. M., Cooney, J. B., & McKenzie, R. (2005). Confirmatory factor analysis of the Teacher Efficacy Scale for prospective teachers. British Journal of Educational Psychology, 75(4), 689-708.
- Cooney, J. B. & Young, J. (2004, October). Learning what works with low incidence disabilities. Invited paper, National Center for Low Incidence Disabilities Annual Conference (Denver, CO)
- Swanson, H. L., Cooney, J. B., & McNamara, J. (2004). Memory and learning disabilities. In B. L. Wong (Ed.), Learning about learning disabilities, 3rd ed. San Diego, CA: Academic Press.
- Cooney, J. B. (Ed.). (1998). Latent growth curve analysis [Special Issue]. Learning and Individual Differences, 10(2).
- Cooney, J. B. (1998). Stability and instability in the dynamics of perceptual learning. In J. S. Jordan (Ed). Systems theories and a priori aspects of perception (pp. 337-357). London: Elsevier.
E-MAIL ADDRESS :