UNC has an active chapter of Psi Chi, the international honor society for psychology students.
We meet bi-weekly in McKee 0019. Please contact Psi.Chi@unco.edu if you have any questions. Here is a meeting schedule for the Spring semester:
- Wednesday March 22nd
- Tuesday April 4th
- Wednesday April 19th
We welcome any student to attend our meeting and events, you do not need to be a member.
Current Officers 2016-2017
- Mackenzie Ruff (President)
- Erika Robles (Vice President)
- Sarah Perez-Reinick (Secretary & Treasurer)
- James Kole (Faculty Co-Mentor)
How do you become a member?
If you are interested in becoming a Psi Chi member please review the application criteria below and fill out an online application at psichi.org under join. Once you have been accepted, there is a $90 one time fee. This is a lifetime membership.
- Spring Application Deadline: March 13th
- Spring Membership Fee Due Date: April 5th
- Psychology major or minor (or a program psychological in nature)
- have completed at least 9 semester hours (or equivalent) of psychology courses
- minimum 3.0 GPA in psychology courses
Psi Chi Graduation Honor Cords
Upon graduation, if you are an ACTIVE Psi Chi member, you will receive a free honor cord. Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org to get additional information NO LATER than one month prior to graduation. (April 1st for Spring Graduation).
If you have any questions please email email@example.com for more information.