UNC has an active chapter of Psi Chi, the international honor society for psychology students.
Spring 2014 Meeting Time
We meet biweekly on Thursdays at 5:45 PM in McKee 0019. Please contact Psi.Chi@unco.edu if you would like to find out more information about the meeting dates.
We WELCOME any student to attend our meetings and events (you don't need to be a member).
The Psi Chi officers for the 2013-2014 academic year are:
- Austin Seeley (President)
- Scott Schmaltz (Vice President)
- Ashley Araujo (Secretary)
- Samantha Ensz (Treasurer)
- Lindsay Kelly (Faculty Liaison/Historian)
- Brittany Galus (Event Coordinator)
- Jennifer Wilcox (Event Coordinator)
- Kristina Phillips (Faculty Mentor)
How to Apply?
If you are interested in becoming a Psi Chi member, please review the application criteria below and fill out an online application. We are no longer accepting paper applications. There is a $90 fee to join the society ($55 to the national organization and $35 to the School of Psychological Sciences), but you will not have to pay this fee UNTIL your application is approved. You will be a lifetime member.
Fall Application Deadline: October 1
Spring Application Deadline: March 1
- be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program (or a program psychological in nature)
- have completed at least 3 semesters or equivalent of college courses
- have completed at least 9 semester hours (or equivalent) of psychology courses
- have earned an overall GPA that is in the top 35% of their class in general scholarship (minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale)
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA in psychology courses
Psi Chi Graduation Honor Cords
If you are an ACTIVE Psi Chi member, you can receive a free honor cord for graduation (need to attend at least a few meetings). Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org to get additional information NO LATER than one month prior to graduation (November 1 for Fall Graduation and April 1 for Spring Graduation).
Psi Chi Conference Grant
If you are a Psi Chi member and are interested in attending or presenting at an academic conference (e.g., the American Psychological Association annual conference or the Rocky Mountain Psychological Association annual convention), you can apply for a conference grant through the School of Psychological Sciences. If you are interested, download the Psi Chi Conference Grant application, fill it out and attach the necessary documents. Submit your application by one of the two deadlines (Nov. 1 or Feb. 15) to the Psi Chi mailbox in the Psychology department.
Please contact this year's Psi Chi president (Austin Seeley) for more information at: email@example.com