UNC has an active chapter of Psi Chi, the international honor society for psychology students.
Fall 2013 Meeting Time
We meet biweekly on Wednesdays at 5:15 PM in McKee 0019. Please contact Psi.Chi@unco.edu if you would like to find out more information about the meeting dates.
We WELCOME any student to attend our meetings and events (you don't need to be a member).
The Psi Chi officers for the 2013-2014 academic year are:
- Austin Seeley (President)
- Scott Schmaltz (Vice President)
- Ashley Araujo (Secretary)
- Samantha Ensz (Treasurer)
- Lindsay Kelly (Faculty Liaison/Historian)
- Brittany Gailus (Event Coordinator)
- Jennifer Wilcox (Event Coordinator)
Kristina Phillips (Faculty Mentor)
How to Apply?
If you are interested in becoming a Psi Chi member, please review the application criteria below and EITHER fill out a paper application or an online application. If you complete the paper application, please leave your completed application in the mail slot outside of McKee 0014i. There is an $90 fee to join the society ($55 to the national organization---recent increase and $35 to the School of Psychological Sciences), but you will not have to pay this fee UNTIL your application is approved. You will be a lifetime member.
- be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program (or a program psychological in nature)
- have completed at least 3 semesters or equivalent of college courses
- have completed at least 9 semester hours (or equivalent) of psychology courses
- have earned an overall GPA that is in the top 35% of their class in general scholarship (minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale)
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA in psychology courses
Please contact this year's Psi Chi president (Austin Seeley) for more information at: firstname.lastname@example.org