UNC has an active chapter of Psi Chi, the international honor society for psychology students.
Fall 2015 Meeting Time
We meet biweekly on Thursdays at 5:30 PM in McKee 0019. Please contact Psi.Chi@unco.edu if you would like to find out more information about the meetings.
Here is a meeting schedule for the Fall semester:
- Sept. 10, 24
- Oct. 8, 22
- Nov. 5, 19
- Dec. 3
We WELCOME any student to attend our meetings and events (you don't need to be a member).
Current Officers 2015-2016
The Psi Chi officers for the 2014-2015 academic year are:
- Charissa Samaneigo (President)
- Lauryn Curtis (Vice President)
- Ericka Hendricks (Secretary)
- Jaclyn Hickey (Treasurer)
- Kristina Phillips (Faculty Co-Mentor)
- James Kole (Faculty Co-Mentor)
How to Apply?
If you are interested in becoming a Psi Chi member, please review the application criteria below and fill out an online application. We are no longer accepting paper applications. There is a $90 fee to join the society ($55 to the national organization and $35 to the School of Psychological Sciences), but you will not have to pay this fee UNTIL your application is approved. You will be a lifetime member.
- Fall Application Deadline: October 13
- Fall Membership Fee Due Date: Nov. 3
- Spring Application Deadline: March 1
- Spring Membership Fee Due Date: March 22
- be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program (or a program psychological in nature)
- have completed at least 3 semesters or equivalent of college courses
- have completed at least 9 semester hours (or equivalent) of psychology courses
- have earned an overall GPA that is in the top 35% of their class in general scholarship (minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale)
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA in psychology courses
Psi Chi Graduation Honor Cords
If you are an ACTIVE Psi Chi member, you can receive a free honor cord for graduation (need to attend at least a few meetings). Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org to get additional information NO LATER than one month prior to graduation (November 1 for Fall Graduation and April 1 for Spring Graduation).
Please contact this year's Psi Chi president (Charissa Samaniego) for more information at: email@example.com