About the Professional Counseling Program
At UNC you will make the most of your future by expanding your mind and advancing your career. You’ll gain an education for life through relevant courses that help you reach your career goals.
Our graduate programs in school counseling, clinical mental health counseling, and couples, marriage and family counseling/therapy are fully accredited. We prioritize excellence and assure that our graduates are fully prepared to work as professional counselors. Our alums have become leaders in agencies, schools, and private practices.
- The Professional Counseling programs are shared by the Departments of Counseling Psychology and Counselor Education and Supervision.
- The Professional Counseling Programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
- Students see clients under live supervision in our state of the art clinic.
- The faculty has been recognized with the UNC Academic Excellence Award.
- Faculty members have been recognized for excellence in teaching and advising at the College and University levels.
- Faculty members are scholars as well as teachers.