HESAL Assistantships, Scholarships, and Fellowships
Graduate assistantships provide students the opportunity to combine theory and practice while positively contributing to UNC's educational mission. We expect graduate assistants to focus on academic coursework while growing as student affairs professionals and administrators. Each assistantship is unique and has specific requirements and varying benefits. Most assistantships are offered for a 9-10 month period during the academic year (August/September-May), although some require summer employment, which will be compensated through a separate contract and remuneration. Please see individual position descriptions for more detailed information regarding monthly stipends.
HESAL Graduate Assistantship Initiative!
Newly admitted HESAL students will be given preference for each of these assistantships, followed by previously admitted HESAL students.
Please note: for the 2016-2017 academic year, although all assistantships provide full or partial tuition remission, policies vary by department. Please refer to individual job descriptions or contact the office offering the assistantship for specific details.
2016-2017 HESAL GA Initiative Applications, and a list of available positions, will be posted in mid-January.
Examples of previous GA positions include:
- Equity, Inclusion, Diversity and Social Justice Graduate Assistant (Word Doc)
- Special Projects, Assessment, and Research Graduate Assistant (Word Doc)
- Graduate Assistant for Retention Initiatives (Word Doc)
- Residential Education Academic Programs (Word Doc)
- Veterans Services (Word Doc)
- Marcus Garvey Cultural Center (Word Doc)
- César Chávez Cultural Center (Word Doc)
- Native American Cultural Center (Word Doc)
- Fraternity and Sorority (Word Doc)
- University Program Council Graduate Assistantship (Word Doc)
- M.A. GA for the HESAL program (Word Doc)
- Ph.D. GA for the HESAL program (Word Doc)
The deadline for the Assistantship applications is February 5, 2016.
In order for your graduate assistantship application to be considered, your completed application for admission to the HESAL M.A. or Ph.D. program must be received by the University of Northern Colorado Graduate School and HESAL department. If you have not completed your application, please click here to learn more about the process.