Educational / Specialist Application Requirements
Successful candidates should meet the
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from accredited college or
university and have a grade point of 3.00 or better [4.00 point scale] on
the most recent 60 semester hours.
- Have adequate academic background in proposed area of specialization
as defined by the program through which the degree is to be awarded.
- Twenty-four months (2 years) of appropriate work experience
in the specialization as determined by faculty in the major.
Graduate School Requirements
- A Master's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- UNC Graduate School Application for Admission
– available as a hard copy or on-line at Graduate School's Web site.
International students must fill out a hard copy application and provide
other documentation .
- Non-refundable processing fee.
- Two official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate
studies attended since high school.
Application Materials to be Submitted
Complete online form for U.S. Citizens/Permanent Residents & International students (Graduate, Undergraduate, Transfer):
Include in your uploaded materials at the Graduate School Application site the following:
- Current vita or resume which documents professional experiences in education
- Three letters of recommendation
- A copy of K-12 related license(s)
- Detailed statement which describes your:
- Demonstrated commitment to education
- Contributions to professional education
- Immediate and long-range personal, professional, and academic goals
- Rationale for pursuing the Ed.S. degree
- Strengths and weaknesses as they apply to educational leadership