Principal / Administrator Licensure Application Requirements
Successful candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from accredited college or university and have a grade point of 3.00 or better [4.00 point scale] on the most recent 60 semester hours.
- Have adequate academic background in proposed area of specialization as defined by the program through which the degree is to be awarded.
- Twenty-four months (2 years) of appropriate work experience in the specialization as determined by faculty in the major.
Graduate School Requirements
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- UNC Graduate School Application for Admission – available as a hard copy or on-line at Graduate School's Web site. International students must fill out a hard copy application and provide other documentation .
- Non-refundable processing fee.
- Two official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate studies attended since high school.
Note: If you are applying for both the M.A., Ed.S. or Ed.D. and a licensure program, check both the Non-Degree Licensure and degree program options and be sure to include the Application for Educator License.
Application Materials to be Submitted
- Background Information Sheet.
- A copy of K-12 related license(s).
- Current vita or resume which documents professional experiences in education
- Professional assessment forms from two individuals, one of whom is qualified to provide a review of your academic ability,and one of whom may assess your professional ability. Forms can be downloaded below.
- Detailed statement which describes your:
- Demonstrated commitment to education
- Contributions to professional education
- Immediate and long-range personal, professional, and academic goals
- Rationale for pursuing the Principal or Administrator license
- Strengths and weaknesses as they apply to educational leadership
Send the above information to:
ELPS Program Admissions Committee
418 McKee Hall, Campus Box 103
University of Northern Colorado
Greeley, CO 80639