This committee has the charge to prioritize diversity issues across the College, including supporting the recruitment and retention of diverse faculty, staff, and students; advocating for the infusion of diversity into the curriculum; and providing professional development for the College on diversity.
The Process and practices of this committee may include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging in efforts designed to recruit diverse faculty and students; enhance our cultural competence and infuse diversity into the curriculum
- Serving as a resource and liaison for students, faculty, and community members on issues related to policy, diversity, multiculturalism, and equity in education
- Creating an intellectual agenda regarding diversity
- Assisting units in meeting accreditation standards related to diversity
- Partnering with the University and community to advance diversity
- Advocate for the infusion of diversity and multicultural understanding college-wide