Stephen L. Wright
Department of Applied Psychology and Counselor Education
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
200-A McKee Hall, Campus Box 131
501 20th Street
The University of Northern Colorado
Greeley, CO 80639
(970) 351-2625 (fax)
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology; Ball State University (APA-Accredited)
- M.A. in Counseling, Clinical Mental Health; Ball State University
- B.A. in Psychology; Asbury College
- Doctoral Internship; Indiana University (APA-Accredited)
- Assessment for Intervention: Personality and Behavior
- Practicum in Group Facilitation
- Practicum in Individual Counseling
- Appraisal and Assessment
- Career Theory, Counseling, and Assessment
- Attachment Theory
- Career Development
- Gifted Adults
- Work-Family Interface
Sample of Publications
- Wright, S. L., Jenkins-Guarnieri, M. A., & Murdock, J. L. (in press). Career development among first year college students: College self-efficacy, student persistence, and academic success. Journal of Career Development. doi: 10.1177/0894845312455509
- Perrone-McGovern, K. M., Wright, S. L., K. M., Howell, D. S., & Barnum, E. (in press). Contextual influences on work and family roles: Gender, culture, and socioeconomic factors. The Career Development Quarterly.
- Wright, S. L., Perrone-McGovern, K. M., Boo, J, & Vannatter, A. (in press). Influential factors in academic and career self-efficacy: Attachment, supports, and career barriers. Journal of Counseling and Development.
- Wright, S. L., Wright, D. A., & Jenkins-Guarnieri, M. A. (in press). Development of the Social Efficacy and Outcome Expectations Scale. Measurement and Evaluation of Counseling and Development.
- Jenkins-Guarnieri, M. A., Wright, S. L., & Johnson, B. (2013). The Interrelationships among attachment style, personality traits, interpersonal competency, and facebook. Psychology of Popular Media and Culture. Advanced online publication. doi: 10.1037/a0030946
- Jenkins-Guarnieri, M. A., Wright, S. L., & Johnson, B. (2013). Development and validation of the Social Media Use Integration Scale. Psychology of Popular Media and Culture, 2, 38-50.
- Wright, S. L., & Jenkins-Guarnieri, M. A. (2012). Student evaluations of teaching: Combining the meta-analyses and demonstrating further evidence for effective use. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, 37, 683-699. doi:10.1080/02602938.2011.563279
- Jenkins-Guarnieri, M. A., Wright, S. L., & Hudiburgh, L. M. (2012). The relationship between attachment style, personality traits, facebook use and interpersonal competency. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 33, 294-301. doi: 10.1016/j.appdev.2012.08.00
- Dreier, A. S., & Wright, S. L. (2011). Helping society’s outcast: The impact of counseling sex offenders. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 33, 359-376.
- Perrone-McGovern, K. M., Ksiazak, T. M., Wright, S. L., Vannatter, A., Hyatt, C., & Shepler, D. (in press). Major Life Decisions of Gifted Adults in relation to Overall Life Satisfaction. Journal for the Education of the Gifted.
- Wright, S. L., & Perrone, K. M. (2010). An examination of the role of attachment and efficacy in life satisfaction. The Counseling Psychologist, 38, 796-823.
- Jackson, Z. V., Wright, S. L., & Perrone, K. M. (2010). Work-family interface for men in nontraditional careers. The Journal of Employment Counseling, 47, 157-166.
- Perrone, K. M., Ksiazak, T. M., Wright, S. L., Vannatter, A., Crane, A. L., & Tanney, A. (2010). Multigenerational giftedness: Perceptions of giftedness across three generations. Journal for the Education of the Gifted, 33, 606-627.
- Perrone, K. M., Wright, S. L., Ksiazak, T. M., Crane, A. L., & Vannatter, A. (2010). Looking back on lessons learned: Gifted adults reflect on their experiences in advanced classes. Roeper Review, 32, 127-139.
- Perrone, K. M., Wright, S. L., & Jackson, Z. V. (2009). Traditional and nontraditional gender roles and work-family interface for men and women. Journal of Career Development, 36, 8-24.
- Wright, S. L., & Perrone, K. M. (2008). The impact of attachment on career-related variables: A review of the literature and proposed theoretical framework to guide future research. Journal of Career Development, 35, 87-106.
- Perrone, K. M., Jackson, V. J., Wright, S. L., Ksiazak, T. M., & Perrone, P. A. (2007). Perfectionism, achievement, life satisfaction, and attributions of success among gifted adults. Advanced Development Journal: A Journal on Adult Giftedness, 11, 106 – 123.
- Perrone, K. M., Perrone, P. A., Ksiazak, T. M., Wright, S. L., & Jackson, V. (2007). Self perceptions of gifts and talents among adults in a longitudinal study of academically talented high school graduates. Roeper Review, 29, 259 – 264.
- Perrone, K. M., Webb, L. K., Wright, S. L., Jackson, V., & Ksiazak, T. M. (2006). The relationship of spirituality to work and family roles and life satisfaction among gifted adults. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 28, 253 – 268.