Lia (Basilia) Softas-Nall
- Professor of Counseling Psychology
- Department of Applied Psychology and Counselor Education
- College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
299 McKee Hall, Campus Box 131
501 20th Street
University of Northern Colorado
Greeley, CO 80639, USA
(970) 351-2625 (fax)
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology, APA-accredited; Ball State University, Indiana
- Doctoral Internship; Ball State University Counseling Center
- M.A. Counseling, Ball State University
- B.A. in Psychology; Deree College, Athens, Greece
- B.A. in Pedagogics; University of Ioannina, Greece
- Family Systems
- Seminar: Contemporary Issues in Couples and Family Therapy
- Family Practicum
- Practicum in Supervision of Family Therapy
- Advanced Methods in Couples and Family Therapy
- Seminar in Personality and Counseling Theories
- Psychology of Women
- Theories of Counseling
- Professional Development Seminar in Counseling Psychology
- Couples and Family Therapy/Counseling
- International Psychology
- Gender/Cross-Cultural/Ethnicity Issues
- Supervision of Family Therapy
- Stigma, gender and mental health
Sample of Publications
- Juried Publications:
- Bean, H., Softas-Nall, L., Eberle, K., & Paul, J. (In press). Can we talk about stay-at home moms? Empirical findings and implications for counseling. The Family Journal: Counseling and Therapy for Couples and Families.
- Softas-Nall, L., Cardona, B., & Barritt, J. (2015). Challenges and diversity issues working with multilingual and bilingual couples and families: Implications for counseling. The Family Journal: Counseling and Therapy for Couples and Families.
- Ingala, A., Softas-Nall, B., & Peters, A. (2013). The role of social support in veterans’ college adjustment. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, 3(11), 14-21.
- Softas-Nall, L & Hanna, F. (2013). Counseling & psychotherapy with difficult clients/family members: An interview with Fred Hanna. The Family Journal: Counseling and Therapy for Couples and Families, 21, 117.
- Woodson, C., Softas-Nall, L. & Johnson, B. (2012). Family chaos and readiness to change problematic alcohol use. Journal of Human Social Sciences, 12(2), 19-28.
- Bean, H., Softas-Nall, L. & Mahoney, M. (2011). Reflections on Mandated Reporting and Challenges in the Therapeutic Relationship: A Case Study with Systemic Implications. The Family Journal: Counseling and Therapy for Couples and Families. 19, 3, 286-290.
- Petrogiannis, K. & Softas-Nall, L. (2010). The Family of Origin Scale in Greece. International Journal of Psychological Studies. 2, 1, 3-11.
- Cardona, B. & Softas-Nall, L. (2010). Family Therapy with Latino families: An interview with Patricia Arredondo. The Family Journal: Counseling and Therapy for Couples and Families. 18(1), 73-77.
- Papadiotis, V. & Softas-Nall, B. (2006). Ikogeniaki-sistimiki therapia: Vasikes proseggisis, theoretikes theses kai practikes efarmoges [Family-systemic therapy: Basic approaches, theoretical positions and practical applications]. Ellinika Grammata: Athens, Greece.
- Book Chapters:
- Softas-Nall, B. & Sukhodolsky, D.H. (2006). Family in the United States: Social context, structure, and roles. In Georgas, J. et al. (Eds.), Families Across Cultures. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge. Book received award by APA’s Division in International Psychology.
- Encyclopedia Entries:
- Softas-Nall, B. (2008). Family Therapy. In Encyclopedia of Counseling. Leong, F.T.L., Altmaier, E.M., Johnson, B.D (Eds.). (2008). Encyclopedia of Counseling: Volume 1. Changes and Challenges in the 21st Century (pp. 203-207). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.