Jeffrey A. Rings
Department of Applied Psychology and Counselor Education
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
248 McKee Hall, Campus Box 131
501 20th Street
The University of Northern Colorado
Greeley, CO 80639
(970) 351-2625 (fax)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship; Department of Veterans Affairs, VISN 19 MIRECC
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology; University of Denver
- Predoctoral Internship; Colorado State University
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology; Northwestern University
- B.A. in Psychology; Pepperdine University
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Family Systems
- Practicum in Individual Counseling
- Psychological Trauma and Intervention
- Clinical Supervision
- Crisis Intervention
- Grief and Loss
- Peer Counseling
- Projective Assessment
- Suicide: Risk Assessment and Prevention
- Veterans Issues
- Object Relations/Psychodynamic
Sample of Publications
- Gutierrez, P.M., Brenner, L.A., Rings, J.A., Devore, M.D., Kelly, P., Staves, P., … Kaplan, M. (in press). A qualitative look at female Veterans’ experiences of burdensomeness, failed belonging, and response to pain. Journal of Clinical Psychology.
- Rings, J.A., Alexander, P.A., Silvers, V., & Gutierrez, P.M. (in press). Adapting the Safety Planning Intervention for use in a veteran psychiatric inpatient group setting. Journal of Mental Health Counseling.
- Gutierrez, P.M., Brenner, L.A., Wortzel, H., Harwood, J.E.F., Leitner, R.A., Rings, J.A., & Bartlett, S.R. (in press). Design and implementation of a blister packaging intervention for VA. In Lavigne, J., & Kemp, J. (Eds.). Frontiers in Suicide Prevention and Research.
- Rings, J.A. (2010). My time with June: Overcoming my grief and loss "expertise." In Trotter, M., Koch, J. M., Sanger, S. E. & Skovholt, T. (Eds.). Voices from the field: Defining moments in counselor and therapist development. New York: Routledge.
- Rings, J.A., Genuchi, M.C., Hall, M.D., Angelo, M.A., & Erickson-Cornish, J.A. (2009). Is there consensus among predoctoral internship training directors regarding clinical supervision competencies? A descriptive analysis. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 3, 140-147.
- Smith, R.D., Riva, M.T., & Rings, J.A. (2007). Group counseling: Activities for termination. In D. Viers (Ed.), The group therapists’ notebook: Homework, handouts, and activities for use in psychotherapy. Binghamton: Haworth Press.