Brian D. Johnson
Department of Applied Psychology and Counselor Education
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
202-A McKee Hall, Campus Box 131
The University of Northern Colorado
Greeley, CO 80639
(970) 351-2625 (fax)
- PhD in Counseling Psychology; The University of Iowa
- BS in Psychology; The University of Iowa
- Clinical Internship; The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Appraisal & Assessment
- Assessment for Intervention: Cognitive/Academic
- Assessment for Intervention: Personality & Behavior;
- Practicum, Counseling Children & Adolescents
- Play Therapy, Professional Development Seminar
- Seminar in Personality and Counseling Theories
- Theories of Counseling.
- Parenting & Parent Training
- Attachment Theory
- Childhood Behavior Disorders
- Clinical Child Psychology
- College Student Adjustment & Retention
- Psychological Assessment
Sample of Publications
- Berdahl, L.D. & Johnson, B.D. (2009). 7 Skills for Parenting Success. Greeley, CO: Berdahl-Johnson, FPL.
- Leong, F.T.L. (Editor-in-Chief), Altmaier, E.M., Johnson, B.D (Volume Editors). (2008). Encyclopedia of Counseling: Volume 1. Changes and Challenges in the 21st Centry. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications
- Li, Y., Johnson, B.D., & Jenkins-Guarnieri, M.A. (in press) Sexual identity development and subjective well-being among Chinese lesbians. International Perspectives in Psychology.
- Jenkins-Guarnieri, M.A., Wright, S.L., & Johnson, B. D. (2013). Development and validation of a social media use integration scale. Psychology of Popular Media Culture, 2, 38-50. doi: 10.1037/a0030277
- Bethune, M., & Johnson, B.D. (in press). Predicting counselor's academic and internship outcomes: Evidence for the incremental validity of the MMPI-2. Training & Education in Professional Psychology.
- Jenkins-Guarnieri, M.A., Wright, S.L., & Johnson, B.D. (2013). Interrelationships among attachment style, personality traits, interpersonal competency, and Facebook use. Psychology and Popular Media Culture, 2, 38-50, doi: 10.1037/a0030946
- Woodson, C, Softas-Nall, L, & Johnson, B. (2011). Family chaos and readiness to change problematic alcohol use. Global Journal of Human Social Sciences, 11, 19-28.
- Mercurio, M. MacDonald, L., Bottenberg, D., Johnson, B.D., & Tubin, B. (2007). Tailoring instruction to meet student needs: Don’t analyze students – ask them. Tech Trends, 51, 52-63
- Johnson, B.D., Crane, S. & Tatekawa, L. (2004). Communication on both sides of the mirror: Helping a family cope with a traumatic brain injury. The Family Journal: Counseling and Therapy for Couples and Families, 12 (2), 178-183.
- Johnson, B.D., Franklin, L.C., Hall, K, & Prieto, L.R. (2000). Parent training through play: Parent-child interaction therapy with a hyperactive child. The Family Journal: Counseling and Therapy for Couples and Families, 8 (2), 180-186.
- Smith, E.V. & Johnson, B.D. (2000). Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Scaling and Stand Setting Using Rasch Measurement. Journal of Applied Measurement, 1, 3-24.
- Johnson, B.D., Altmaier, E.M., and Richman, L.C. (1999). Attention deficits and reading disabilities: Are memory deficits additive? Developmental Neuropsychology, 15, 213-226.
- Smith, E., & Johnson, B.D. (1998). Factor Structure for the DSM-IV criteria for ADHD in college students using the adult behavior checklist. Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development, 31, 361-374.
- Johnson, B.D., Stone, G.L., Altmaier, E.M., & Berdahl, L.D. (1998). The relationship of demographic variables, locus of control and self-efficacy to successful nursing home adjustment. The Gerontologist. 38(2), 209-216.