Jennifer Murdock, PhD
firstname.lastname@example.org 248 McKee Hall 970.351.2544
Jennifer is an associate professor of Counselor Education. She is a 2007 graduate of the University of Wyoming. Her research interests include professional identity and orientation, career counseling and career transitions, and the use of creative instructional strategies.
Selected Scholarly Works
- Esquibel, J, Nicholson, B, & Murdock J. (in press) Understanding the impact of career values on career satisfaction: Utilizing card sorts in career counseling. Career Planning and Adult Development Journal.
- Murdock, J.L., Strear, M.M., Jenkins-Guarnieri, M.A., & Henderson, A.C. (in press).
Collegiate athletes and career identity. Sport, Education & Society.
- Lucas, K. & Murdock, J.L. (2014). Best practices for online instruction used in
developing an online counseling skills course. International Journal of Online Pedagogy and Course Design, 4(2), 46-63. doi: 10.4018/ijopcd.2014040104
- Murdock, J.L., Kosine, N., Lucas, K. (2013). Fostering connections between graduate students and strengthening professional identity through co-mentoring. British Journal of Guidance and Counselling. doi:10.1080/03069885.2012.756972
- Wright, S.L., Jenkins-Guarnieri, M.A., & Murdock, J.L. (2013). College self-efficacy and student persistence. Journal of Career Development, 40(4), 292-310. doi: 10.1177/0894845312455509
- Murdock, J. L., Williams, A., Becker, K.W., Bruce, M.A., & Young, S. (2012). Online versus on-campus: A comparison study of counseling skills courses. The Journal of Human Resource and Adult Learning, 8(1), 105-118.
- Henderson, A. & Murdock, J. (2011). Getting students beyond ideologies: Using heterosexist guided imagery in the classroom. Innovative Higher Education, 37(3), 185-198. doi: 10.1007/s10755-011-9198-4
- Murdock, J.L. & Williams, A. (2011). Creating an online learning community: Is it possible? Innovative Higher Education, 36 (5), 305-315. doi: 10.1007/s10755-011-9188-6
- Black. L.L. & Murdock, J.L. (2010). Multiple roles or conflict of interest. In Myers, J. & Mobley, K.( Eds.). 2nd Ed. Developing and Directing Counselor Education Laboratories (pp. 321-342). Association for Counselor Education and Supervision, Alexandria, VA.