These links are a collection of resources related to teaching statistics.
Disclaimer: The following links are to pages outside the UNC website. These sites are not endorsed by the university and may contain links that can be harmful to your computer and a risk to your personal information. The university does not verify the accuracy of any information contained on these websites. Use at your own risk.
- Rice Virtual Lab in Statistics
- Electronic Textbook StatSoft
- The National Center for Education Statistics
- Journal of Statistics Education (JSE) publishes refereed articles, datasets, reviews, and tips related to all aspects of teaching statistics at the postsecondary level.
- Chance News - biweekly references to statistical issues in current news media.
- The Statistics Teacher Network - has its most recent issue on the ASA Center for Statistical Education Website .
- Introductory Statistics: Concepts, Models and Applications from David Stockburger.
- Multidisciplinary resources for X10 Intro Statistics at Dartmouth College.
- Al Coon's AP Statistics at the Buckingham Browne & Nichols School.
- Therese Stukel's Intro to Linear Models at Dartmouth College
- Di Cook's Stat 407 - Methods of Multivatiate Analysis at Iowa State University.
- Di Cook's Stat 501 - Multivariate Statistical Methods at Iowa State University.
- Alicia Carriquiry's Stat 328 - Applied Business Statistics at Iowa State University.
- Michael Friendly's Psych 3030 - Intermediate Statistics at York University.
- Links to Web Pages for Statistics Courses at Illinois-Urbana-Champaign.
- Math Forum - Probability and Statistics. Links to teaching resources for K-12 and college level courses. Swarthmore College.
- Teaching Bookmark Database . Follow the link for "Teaching" on the left-hand panel. Jan de Leeuw, University of California, Los Angeles.
- Journal of Statistics Education . Includes links to teaching resources. American Statistical Association.
- Stochastik in der Schule . Probability in schools in Austria and Germany. Klagenfurt University. In German.
- Statistically Speaking: a Dictionary of Quotations . Information about the book, with several example quotations. Carl Gaither and Alma Cavazos-Gaither.
- What Every New Graduate Should Know . Department of Computer Science, University of Indiana.
- DASL (Data and Story Library)
- AP Statistics Discussion List Archive
- Statistics Teacher Network
- VassarStats-Web Site for Statistical Computation
- Workshop Statistics: Discovery with Data This Web page contains links to a variety of information and teaching resources concerning Workshop Statistics. Much of this is work-in-progress, so please check back often to find updated versions.
- Teaching Resources for Undergraduate Statistics MAA Notes, Thomas Moore, Editor
- Electronic Encyclopedia of Statistical Examples and Exercises (EESEE) You will find here examples and information about the NSF project directed by Dennis Pearl to produce an An Electronic Encyclopedia of Statistical Examples and Exercises (EESEE) which has real world data sets along with exercises relating to these data sets for class use.
- Air Quality Analysis Workshop This Web site serves the OTAG Air Quality Analysis working group. OTAG is a partnership between the EPA, the Environmental Council of the States, ECOS and other stakeholders to develop a thoughtful assessment and a consensus agreement for reducing regional background ozone and its precursors, explicit addressing inter-regional ozone transport over the Eastern US.
- The Explorer The ExplorerTM is a collection of educational resources (instructional software, lab activities, lesson plans, student created materials ...) for K-12 mathematics and science education
- AP Statistics Resources
- The Bell Curve Page
- IDB Population Pyramids This page allows you to obtain population pyramids (graphs that show the distribution of population by age and sex) for one country.
- Interactive Mathematics Miscellany and Puzzles Probability
- K-12 Statistics Education Resources in statistics including lessons and useful data sets