Assistant Professor of Applied Psychology and Counselor Education
Department of Applied Psychology and Counselor Education
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
University of Northern Colorado
Applied Psychology and Counselor Education
Greeley, CO 80639
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology, University of Missouri - Columbia
- M.Ed in Counseling, Career Development, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China
- B.S. in Psychology, Electronic Engineering, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China
2015-Present Assistant Professor, Counseling Psychology, University of Northern Colorado,
Teaching, Research and Service
2014-2015 Visiting Assistant Professor, Counseling Psychology, University of Memphis,
Memphis, TN, Teaching, Research and Service
Research/Areas of Interest
- Cultural Influence in Coping
- Cross-cultural Coping among international students and immigrants
- Proactive Coping
- Heppner, P.P., Lee, D-G., & Tian, L. (In press). Problem-solving appraisal and psychological adjustment. In S. Lopez (Eds.),
The Oxford Handbook of Positive Psychology (2nd edition).
- Heppner, P.P., Tian, L., Zhao, R., Wang, K., Bi, Y., Hou, Z-J., He, Y., & Chiao, H. (2016). A Chinese Relational
Coping Inventory: Initial evidence and implications. International Perspective in Psychology: Research, Practice, Consultation, 5, 110-127.
- Tian, L., Heppner, P. P., & Hou, Z. J. (2014). Problem-solving appraisal and its relationship
to career indecision and psychological adjustment in China. International perspectives inPsychology: Research, Practice, Consultation, 3, 19-36.
- Tian, L., Hou, Z. J., & Shao, J. (2010). Utility of problem-solving training on career decision-making
ability of university students. Chinese Journal of Clinical Psychology, 5, 675-679.